Anyone know anything about wills and access to them?

Redshoes

Reaction score
If parents had a son and daughter, and then the Father died, but only the daughter saw the will as the son was out the country at the time, has the son a right to see that will? How would he go about doing that, when the daughter refuses to tell him anything?

Also, if there was in actual fact no will, and the parents and daughter all bought their house together, would the son have any legal right to any share in the house, after the Mother died?

Sorry thats quite cryptic, don't want to name names, but its not me and my brother so don't worry :D

Crikey, I'd be seeking legal advice as it sounds quite messy. I am sure a decent solicitor who deals in estates and wills would give a free half hour consult on it.

If there's no will, I think the son has a stake in the estate. And, I think the son has a right to see the will, a copy of it would be kept with someone outside of the family wouldn't it, so he'd see it that way, I think?

NickyB said:
If there's no will, I think the son has a stake in the estate. And, I think the son has a right to see the will, a copy of it would be kept with someone outside of the family wouldn't it, so he'd see it that way, I think?

Check this site if there is no will
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/RightsAndRe ... G_10029802

Check this site to find out if there was a will

http://law.freeadvice.com/estate_planni ... a_will.htm

Also if there was it can still be disputed. My auntie was cut out of the will by her father but she contested it and after 5 years she bloody won :x
There were flaws in the will, the witnesses could not have been in the room at the same time to witness my grandad signing as they were a very acrimoniously divorced couple so no way were they together as what was required so my auntie managed to have the will voided on those grounds so the estate was split equal between her and her sisters.

Thankyou for the advice, the daughter just refuses to tell the son anything, that's the main problem, but I'll pass on the links and thankyou very much for your time, and the links Minime :hug: :hug:

You can go down to your council offices and request a copy of the will, i think you have to pay a small fee, but you can get a copy.

LOL Minime, just a case of sibling rivalry I think :lol:
Thanks lella, that makes sense too :hug:

I'm no use, I just read the title of this as

Post subject: Anyone know anything about willys and access to them?

Oh dear :oops: sorry :(

leckershell said:
I'm no use, I just read the title of this as

Oh dear :oops: sorry :(

And did you think you could give a good answer to that question Shell, because I personally would like to hear it? :wink:

leckershell said:

:rotfl:

Would be a bit weird if us Mummy's needed to ask questions like that :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back