Anyone keep hens/chicks?

leesey

Reaction score
I've just got myself three chicks, who are handfuls but adorable! Been here a week and already grown so much, so they'll definitely be going out to the chicken coop in a couple of weeks providing the weather keeps nice.

Does anyone share this happy hobby? Would be nice to hear how people get on having poultry with young children as I'm not sure how to get wee one involved in the coming years xx

My neighbour has a little black chicken she keeps coming to our garden and I think she loves me lol she follows me all the time, I think they're really cute :lol: never had one myself but I love animals so why not. Need to be careful though foxes are everywhere x

I'm from a farming background so there's always plenty of chickens running around, normally driving the dogs berserk. :)

We have three chickens, they are funny little characters, each one has their own personality, we get 3 gorgeous eggs off them every morning x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I have 6 atm
Pekin X bantams

I hatched all of them bar 1 (the mum - who is incidentally thinking she is a cockerel lately ha)

I have Shamo's, Barbu De Watermael, Silkie's, Taiwan's, Bantams. :)

We have 6 chooks and a cockerel - fantastic little pets for LO!!

My 17 month old adores the chooks and comes in with us to feed them twice a day, collect the eggs and she's holding the bowl of corn for them now!!

Our ex batts in particular are very friendly and she can touch them!

Attachments

• Romilly & Ronnie.jpg
    Romilly & Ronnie.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 11
I love to have chickens when I get my own place. My granddad has always had chickens. Nothing like fresh eggs.

I have 6 chickens atm but sadly I think we are going to have to re-home them. There's just no time in the day anymore to look after them properly and with another baby on the way.....

Chickens are hardly any work
Plenty food and water and space to roam and theyre happy
Collect the eggs often enough
They take themselves to bed
They won't hold it against you especially as they have each other for company x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members