Anyone Help?? Please..

Ceebump

Reaction score
Im 31 weeks preg and have had my 5th case of reduced movement'
They have FINALLY investigated it and found hes not growing how he should and there is only 3cm of fluid around him ..
They have given me my first steroid injection today and got 2nd tomoz'
Have a scan fri and wed. . To see how it is and if worse or no better they want to bring my birth firward..
Anyone had this herd of this can help or advise me .. Sorry if posted wrong place any help wud b fab x

Sorry no-one has replied hun,

I see you also posted in Tri 3 though!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Firstly try and stay calm. At 31 weeks he will probably need help with his breathing in the short term and will be in scbu for approximately 8 weeks. They usually do well but would depend on how small he is and how long he hasn't had much water for. It is a bumpy road but the majority of babies at 31 weeks do well x

I had a growth scan at about 32 weeks and was told there wasn't enough fluid around our baby. A week later they scanned again, and (from that point of view), things had improved. We had other complications though and Seb was born at 34 + 2. If things don't improve, at least you've had enough warning to have steroids, that helps a huge amount with the baby's lungs.

Hope all goes well, let us know.

Carrie x

My sister in law had twins at 30 weeks, Sadly one didn't survive (due to the fact they shared a placenta and one wasn't getting enough of the nutrients) but his brother just celebrated his first birthday yesterday and to look at him you wouldn't think he was premature. He was in an incubator for a while when he was first born and he was tiny. But with the right care team in place and preparation I'm sure your baby will thrive. At least you have warning before anything happens so hopefully you can be better prepared, and get to visit the special care unit etc. Hope everything goes well with the injections and they help bubs grow.

Stay calm and get a regular checkup done. Everything will be fine.

Charlie had growth problems at 32 weeks I had steroid injections, low fluid, was in hospital every other day for monitoring and scans, this went on for 3 weeks! They then said if things haven't changed or got worse then they will induce me, I was seriously thinking he was going to come early, but the scan showed that things had improved! He then came on his due date! If you need to chat just pm or fb me! Xx

I also had Brooke at 33weeks, I had no warning, so no steroid injections etc! No complications, no help with breathing. X

This happened with my second and there was even 2 premature labours, but she went full term and turned out healthy!

my sis in law had her 2nd wee one at 32 weeks. He was in SCBU for 2 weeks, but only to get his weight up, he was still 5lb something. a few month later and he was like a little buddha, no complications at all.

x

I had my little boy at 30+5 he had been in very little aminotic fluid for 4 weeks at this time, he was born with a hole in his heart and weighed in at a healthy 4 lbs, he stayed in scbu for 4 weeks and was off oxygen at 3 days, scbu is a scary place but the best place for baby their were babies born as early as 27 weeks in scbu with Matthew. But his a healthyish 19 month old age corrected 17 months, he has problem with his eyesight which is normal for babies born pre 32 weeks but his being carefully monitored, he sees a peaditrican every 3 months too and is dairy and wheat intolerant due to his digestive system because he was so premmature. But they are hopeful he will grow out of it as well as his sight. message me if you want to chat, from a mummy whose been through everything your going through not so long age. (((hugs))) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back