Anyone having restless legs at night ....

Gem212

Reaction score
Hey ladies, it started a few weeks ago and is getting worse, i stretch them, rub them, walk around, in the quilt out the quilt, give them a little wriggle it goes on for about an hour before i fall asleep!!

Anyone had or got this and got any cures :)

Yes me!! I went to Holland and Barrett who said it can be a magnesium deficiency and recommended magnesium supplements which have definitely helped. My midwife wasn't in favour of them but I did my own reading and they seem to be fine to take from what I've read. Other tips are cut out caffeine, drink plenty of water and I think bananas are supposed to be good for it. Hope you get something that helps xx

Yes, me too! They're fine once I'm actually in bed, they've got a mind of their own if I'm on the sofa watching a film though. I hate it!!

Yep and if your anything like me it gets worse xx

How were your iron levels when you had your bloods done? It can be a symptom of low iron x

Old wives tale but a banana before bed works for me.
Told that tonic water also works but I can't stand the taste of it (always thought it was fun I hated!!)

I heard potassium's the key. I've also had the restless legs since tri 2 and now bad leg cramps in the night too! Bananas help, but also (perhaps unorthodox) I started craving lager, so my partner got my some erdinger alcohol free and it's great stuff, pretty much like the real thing... and it has plenty potassium! So that's my excuse for drinking it now. Oh yes... it's just for the potassium... ;-)

Yes!! And it's driving me mad!! And my poor oh gets the brunt of it as I just can't settle! :( x

Thanks ladies, i have been having a banana before bed but i may try magnesium supplements as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back