Anyone have a horrendous first delivery and so opted for section with 2nd baby?

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Just after experiences........people's stories. Thanks xxx

I had eveything going . I mean gas, air, epi, peth, vontuse, forceps then emergency c section.
I want a normal birth if possible so I wouldnt opt for a c section myself xx
mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Not really what your asking for buuut.....I was induced and got to 4cm before being taken for a section due to babys heart rate not being stable. I was dreading having a section but I can honestly say Id have another in a heartbeat......was so calm and relaxed the whole process (although it wasnt a planned section it wasn't an 'emergency' and there was no rushing about). Once the catheter was out and my spinal wore off I was up and about doing things normally and can honestly say I hardly felt any pain after the section. I was able to do everything for my baby that non-section mothers can do and I was driving after 4weeks (felt able to drive after 2). it was so nice too to know that I was going to meet baby soon when I was being taken for my section and it was just the most exciting thing ever! Hope this helps :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Its a hard one isnt it hun. I didnt have a great time with my first so was scared with my second.
However the labour was so much shorter it was a lot easier and no strapped down to monitor, no blood tests from his head, no assisted delivery.
It was a very different experience although he was back to back. I stayed upright all the time and was mobile.
But only you know if you can give it a go. You can always have c section.but who knows, maybe you can have a good birth experience? No two labours are.the same.
Did they tell you there were any underlying reasons? Xxx

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I had a labour a lot like yours but I am aiming for a natural birth with the twins purely coz I want to be able to drive! They have put in extra precautions this time and my labour will be better managed so I'm quite relaxed!
Xxx

it looks like this time they are going to recommend a section. apparently i'm just too 'little' to birth big babies...not built for it. which is funny cos i'm only 5ft 2 but i'm not petite as such! But anyway.....it's likely i may be heading for a section. of course it will be my choice in the end but i was all for trying natural but now even the experts are pulling the 'oh my god really?' face when i say about it...it's goit me thinking. i do now have an added complication of antibodies being found in my blood, which if they are high level and i will find out next week, will result in delivery at 38 weeks and another scbu baby :( so if that's the case then i really don't want to be induced because that won't be the narural birth i would have wanted to try and also if baby going to be in scbu then i don't want it to be like last time where i was literally too ill to visit for over 24 hours. i know i will be sore, but i will hopefully be a bit more 'with it' if that makes sense? i will also be more mentally prepared cos i will know the date etc...

such a lot to think about....i am terrified about a section too but if my body is going to struggle to deliver a big baby again (if it is a big one) ans it's already going to be poorly..then i don't want to put another baby through that again.

know what i mean? xx

It is really worrying hun. I would say probably if the baby has to be delivered early then you might be better off with a planned section so you know where you stand etc.
Will they offer you growth scans? Xxx

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Ive got consultant In about a week who will tell me whether I have to have a section. He basically said no reason that I can't try for a vbac ( but this was at a 21 week appointment) he will see what position baby is in now and make a decision ;/

mummy to ds 11/7/11

yeah, i am starting to see consultant at 20 weeks or possibly before now with this antibodies thing. they said before they knew about the bloods that i would be given growth scans xx

I have decided that I am just going to go with what the docs recommend, if they suggest a c sec then it must be a considered decision were they think will be best. Doctors don't like giving out c secs willy nilly so they must see a benefit for you and bubs!
Xxx

yeah...that's it. wish we just sneezed and they popped out...lol xx

Oh yeah if he recommends c section il do it. But if its my choice, I want a vbac lol x

mummy to ds 11/7/11

I'm still hoping these twins do just pop out! Lol!
Xxx

oh they will....he he..one will come out then the other will follow holding onto the first ones ankle. he he xx

I've had to make the decision whether to have a natural delivery or a c section due to problems following the birth of my first - they left it up to me as in their opinion there was no right or wrong answer. I was all ready to opt for the c section as I could prepare myself for it (I think it took me a long time to mentally get over my first delivery as well as physically!) but then I started to have problems with bleeding and irritability of the uterus. I have been told I won't be allowed to go over due so discussed being induced at 39weeks rather than the c section and the consultant was happy with this so that's the option I've gone for. If the health professionals were advising me that c section was the best option I would be going for that. I'm still hoping he'll come naturally before then but only a week left! X

good luck sweetheart and i hope you get the birth that you want. i will be watching out for your story xxx

It was over 20 years ago, but my mum had a planned c-section with my brother cos she was too small to deliver - she never got passed 6cm with me and had to have section.

From the snippets she says I think she found his section a lot lot easier, prob cos she was comfy, planned etc. x

Hey hun, you know i had it tough with Jack and simple as with Harry who was induced.

TBH a c-sec never entered my head and probably never would unless i was advised so i say if you're advised to have a c-sec they're advising you for the best reasons x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back