Anyone have 3 kids?

fluffycat

Reaction score
Thinking of having another baby soon. Already have 2 sons who are 3 and 19months. Does anyone here have 3 under five?

I have so many questions (because I am a worryer and like to know there are people in similar situations and that I will manage!)

How do you cope with 3 compared to 2?
Are you a stay at home mum?
What kind of car do you have that fits 3 car seats in?
Do your children share a room?

Please let me know your experiences (or if you have any advice, experiences of friends who have 3, what's it like?

Thanks in advance xxxx

Hi I have 3 that are 5 and below. I have two boys now aged 5 and 3 and have just had a little girl who is 3 months. I’m a stay at home mum and won’t lie it is hard at times, but when you are thrown into the situation you just get on with it, there isn’t the option of not coping. My two boys share a room and have done for over a year now, they are very close though and like sharing. We have had to change our car to a 7 seater people carrier so we have more space as with 3 car seats you need three full sized back seats. We didn’t have to get one quite as big something like a ford S-max would of been sufficient but it’s good to have the extra space.x

Very similar experience to baby120. Ours are now ages 4, 3 and 1. There is a 20 month and 23 month age gap. I am a stay at home mum. We drive a Renault space. I have days that I end up crying that I can't cope and days I feel like super mum. On the whole you just get what you need to done. You have to let go of perfection, or you will go insane, and learn to prioritise. It's not easy but on the whole it's been a great experience and the 3 of them get on great. My husband is great at helping out and the children are close to my sister which is a big help.

Last edited:
I had 3 under 5 too, they are now 5.5yr, 3yr and nearly 2 (27m between and the 19m). My older 2 boys share a room and absolutely love it, we have to do staggered bedtime sometimes as they just won't sleep and play, but it has gotten so much better. I love having the 3, but it is hard work. We got a VW touran to fit 3 car seats across the back but it is still a struggle. I would definitely go for one with 3 isofix in the back as the seats are bigger, our middle seat is slightly smaller and it makes choosing carseats difficult.

Having 3 under 5 can't be that bad as I'm broody for number 4, not that is going to happen anytime soon though xx

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just to add to do work, at McDonald's so evenings 7pm-2am and weekends evenings and just switching to day shifts at the weekend as it is tough working so late and lack of sleep. I wish I didn't need to work but I need to for the money xx

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks so much everyone!! I seem to flit between desperately wanting #3 to being scared and nervous that I will never have a full night's sleep ever again!! Kanga, god knows you work as well on top of having 3, especially with such crazy shifts!! Supermum right there!! ��

Also with the car it would be for my husband, I personally don't drive but walk evrywhere so that will be fun!!

Thanks again everyone..... Tell me more.... I want to know all the pros and cons!!

Xxx

I have a friend with three children. They have a big age difference, so one is already working and it is easier for her to cope with the remaining two.

I'm due to have a 4.5yr old, 18mt and Newborn in September. I'm having to change my car and I'm dreading paying 2 lots of nursery fees as my whole part time wage will go on it.
Luckily our house will fit us all and my eldest will be starting school. My first 2 slept brilliantly and settled into great routines so hoping our 3rd is similar! All I can say is we can do it- we have to! Think the positives will out way the negatives xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back