Anyone had an infection soon after giving birth??

eldraW

Reaction score
Hey all..
Well i had swabs taken down below last week at my 6 week postnantal examination due to heavy bleeding. I had stopped bleeding a few times after giving birth but then it came back and was very heavy and had clots so i mentioned it to my GP and she wanted to take some swabs, Not thinking anything of it tho.
About an hour ago the doctor rang me and i have to have antibiotics as i have an infection called Streptococus or (Streptocolus) Type B or something, I dont quite know the exact spelling. Has anyone else had this soon after giving birth?

Thanks xx

I had that whilst pregnant and had to have antibiotics during labour.not heard of having it after birth though. It seems to be easily treated x

Thanks.
Yeh i put a post up the other week which you commented on about my sister having at as she is pregnant lol. But wasnt sure if it was the same thing as what i have. Me and my sister must of both been to the same party lol xx

I didn't know I had it but found out 2 days after Cobly was born, that I had it and he had to have some antibiotics as a precaution. It's something you can have throughout your life but comes and goes, so you may not have had it during birth but then has come back now. I think it can live in your colon and in your vagina (god I hate that word lol), and it's not a sexually transmitted disease so nothing to worry about.

The good thing is that they are treating it. I had an infection in my wound after giving birth but didn't get picked up until about 5 weeks as I was always bleeding so much and thought it was just me healing. Hope you feel better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back