Anyone had an early internal scan??

I had an early scan at just before 8 weeks. I was surprised that they were able to do it abdominally. However if they use foof cam theres a probe they use. I don't think its the comfiest but it should hurt.

At 8 weeks they could see blob + yolk sac and a beating heart.

U don't see to much at 8weeks but u can see a little hurt beating, it's definately doesn't hurt. Cxx

Thanks they said they couldnt see much and there wasn't a blob or heartbeat abdominally so said an internal was advised!thanks for the reply x

As the other ladies said you should see a blob with a heart beat.
The best way is to relax because if your tense then it can be more uncomfortable x x

I've had several and they aren't great but I didn't find them that uncomfortable. A small camera is put inside (no wider than a tampon) and then they move it about which you can feel but really wasn't bad. I had to help by pushing down on my stomach so they could get a good view of ovaries. Doesn't last long but worth it, if it helps put your mind at rest

This was my internal scan, baby was dated at 8 weeks xx

Attachments

• phuppimagedh.jpg
    phuppimagedh.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 6
If you pop to my pregnancy journal you'll see a pic of my 8 week abdominal scan, and a video too!! xx

Hi, just to let you know I've got one booked on Friday too - I will be only 6 + 1 by then. I've had them twice before and found it a bit unpleasant but it's a means to an end and is worth the outcome. DH holds my hand and I get through it just fine. Good luck for Friday, fx for you. xx

I had an early scan at 6/7 weeks. Just saw a beating blob. Apparently it was about the size of a grain of rice. But they can zoom in quite a bit. I had suspected ectopic pregnancy but thankfully always ok.xx

nothing to worry about....doesnt hurt...its actually less uncomfortable than the abdominal scan at 12 weeks...!! cos you are trying not to pee yourself as they push down TOO hard at that one. he he...i found the internal ones a breeze to be honest xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back