Anyone had a HyCoSy?

Nemi

Reaction score
AF arrived today :(

But that means that I have finally got my dates for more tests.

I have my date for a HyCoSy dye scan thing (March 15th). The doctor said it can hurt so now I'm feeling a little apprehensive.

Has anyone had this? What was it like? What should I expect?

Getting some insight from people who have had it might help calm me down!

I had one a couple years ago whilst doing the investigation side before going for ivf. The procedure took 60mins and most of that time was getting through my cervix! Pumping the dye through was like bad period pains and only lasted 5mins. With my legs up in the air for so long no wonder I got dizzy and had to sit still before allowing to go. Hope yours is only around 20mins which is what its suppose to be :)

Had one done as well. won't lie, it did hurt for me but nothing you cant take! I do think it varies a lot as well depending on where you are in your cycle since it hurts more when the cervix is very closed. Had the same issue with them not being able to go through the cervix at first so a little uncomfortable and then when they insert the dye it feels like period crams.

Mine was over quickly and had no pain at all after and no bleeding either. Was soo worth it for me though since they found polyps in my uterus and found out I had Endometrial Hyperplasia which was treated successfully and now I am pregnant! Take some pain killers before and you will be absolutely fine :) xx

Last edited:
I agree that it does hurt. I think they told me to take ibuprofen beforehand so I did. DH couldn't come so I was on my own, wincing in theatre. There was a lovely nurse in with me who let me squeeze her hand. I'd probably up the painkillers to co-codamol! It was over quickly but I had AF type cramps afterwards. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back