Anyone had a caesarian last time?

katie05

Reaction score
Hi ladies, havent been on for a few days and it lovely to see more bfps.

Anyways,,im asking as i had a 32 hour labour followed by an emergency section last time and im feeling quite worried about this time. Not sure whether to try for a natural or not as i never coped well in the 1st 2 weeks and alot of that was from the stress of it all. (mainly the bit before the section).

Just wondering really what you are planning to do and if you have any advice. Thank u.xx

Hi Katie, I have had 2 previous c sections and I am going to do all I can to avoid a third.

the first was an emergency because I went into labour but she wouldnt come down, like at all. She wouldnt move :rotfl: . So it was a section and she was 9lb 3.

Joe was a planned section because they thought it would be another large baby (im only 5 ft and small) so when I went into labour a few days before my section date they sectioned me within a few hours of getting there.

I have always regretted the second section as I felt more on control and I felt my waters break as they were giving me the spinal but I was too scared to say stop. My receovery was a nightmare, I lost a lot of blood and was too weak to bf.

I dont want to put you off a section if its what you really want but I would think really carefully as I was really sure it was what I wanted and this time I want anything but.

Laura x

i had a section with my last hun x
Im going for natrell this time have an apointment with doc comming up to duscuss so hopefully we can have a natrell this time xx
When you due hun x

Hi :wave:

I had to have an emergency section with my daughter.My waters broke at 33 weeks and I developed an infection so they had to get her out. It was honestly one of the worst experiences of my life and I'm going to do all I can to avoid one this time!!
My doctor nd midwife have both said theres no reason why I couldnt try a natural birth this time, all going well of course!!

yh same for me hun if all goes well should be ok x
They have changed me frome a hosp that is mid wife led to one that is consultent led but thats it so far x

I had a c section with my son and I have no idea what to do this time. I'm thinking of just going for a c section again as I don't want the long labour just to end up with another one again.

i had a bad labour and had an emergency section, the first thing i asked my doc was will i get one next time but he sayd i will have to try and give birth myself but i will be watched carefully! i know i will need a section cause my baby got stuck and was loosing oxygen, think i maybe have a too small bone frame to give birth..

Hi

I had a section in 1999 with my son and then i've had 2 vbacs with assistance and hopefully this time will be another vbac.

hipchick5 said:
i had a bad labour and had an emergency section, the first thing i asked my doc was will i get one next time but he sayd i will have to try and give birth myself but i will be watched carefully! i know i will need a section cause my baby got stuck and was loosing oxygen, think i maybe have a too small bone frame to give birth..
You don't have to give birth naturally after a c section hun, it's your choice!

Hi,

I had an emergency c/s first time around due to a long labour and failure to fully dilate - lost a lot of blood, and like someone else said, was very weak. Went for a natural the second time, but never thought it would happen. My first was a back to back which was most of the problem so I took all the advice I could get to make sure it didn't happen again. Anyway, had a natural birth the second time around, 7 hrs of labour and the only assistance I had was having my waters broken. Apparently I lost 1/15th of the blood that I lost with the caesarean and although I couldn't sit down/ or stand for long for about a week, the recovery was much faster, and the milk came through quicker too.

I'd recommend giving it a go if you feel comfortable with it.

Thanks for your replies ladies, interesting to read your stories. :D Especially yours Daisyrose as that gave me confidence that i maybe can try for one. My lil boy also flipped back to back and obviously i never dilated past 4cm either. Did you go overdue with your 2nd? I was 9 days over. Also, did you always know you were going to try for a vbac?

xxx

DaisyRose said:
Hi,

I had an emergency c/s first time around due to a long labour and failure to fully dilate - lost a lot of blood, and like someone else said, was very weak. Went for a natural the second time, but never thought it would happen. My first was a back to back which was most of the problem so I took all the advice I could get to make sure it didn't happen again. Anyway, had a natural birth the second time around, 7 hrs of labour and the only assistance I had was having my waters broken. Apparently I lost 1/15th of the blood that I lost with the caesarean and although I couldn't sit down/ or stand for long for about a week, the recovery was much faster, and the milk came through quicker too.

I'd recommend giving it a go if you feel comfortable with it.

:pray: i will settle for that. I lost shedloads of blood and was weak, ill and unable to get milk.

I also had a back to back baby and never dialated past 4cm and lost a lot of blood through c section so was also very weak. Couldn't breast feed either cos I had no milk at all. It's nice to hear daisy's story because it makes me feel a bit better about maybe going for vbac!

Hi lauramumof2,

I was 14 days overdue with my 1st but my 2nd arrived 2 days before her due date (was expecting to be late again so it was a bit of a surprise). I agreed to try for a natural birth but wasn't at all sure that I could do it (I was somehow convinced that my hips were too narrow!!!). Anyway, in the last few weeks I made sure I didn't sit back too much, and crawled around on the floor a bit (ha ha), I think the other advice I had was to sleep on my right side to help prevent a back to back. With my first I had a very long pre-labour stage, and I think, went to hospital too early (got sent home anyway) so I waited until I thought things were really happening (still had about 10 hours of pre-labour but you know more of what to expect the second time around).

I'd say go for it - it is really possible after a bad experience the first time around! When I was told that about 70 percent of women have a natural after a c/section I never thought I would be one of them but I was wrong. You've got a really good chance. Hope I can do it this time too!!!

All the best. :D

thanks daisy, thats really reassuring. I will definately be on my right side and doing the crawling thing. This time will be so different. And I probably did go to the hospital far too early.

Hi hun

I had a planned Caesarean last time as I had pre eclampsia and they needed to get Naomi out before the placenta degraded.

I didn't labour at all. I had a very relaxed op and was mobile within a day and a half.

Hope all goes well for you.

Sue

hi there,
i had a bit of a horror story with my 1st baby sorry to scare you all but believe me it wont happen to you.....
i wanted to have my boy at home even tho he was my 1st and it went a little but wrong......
i went into labour and was in it for 4 days :oops: right at the last minute ryan (my son) tilted his head back and got stuck!! i was rushed in by ambulance and had to have an emergency c section!
Ryan wasnt breathing to start with but he was ok after a few seconds bless him!!
So beleive me babe i am on your wavelength when you say you are scared!! i had a big infection in my wound after too and found it so hard trying to even lift my son.
I am trying to believe what i put at the being everyone every labour is different, so heres to a stress free and painless :rotfl: labour for us all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back