Anyone had a bruised/broken rib from baby???

My1stBaby

Reaction score
OMG I feel like baby has done some serious damage to my top left rib.... I cant turn round properly (really struggling to drive) and when I breathe out I feel the pain there...

Anyone got any idea what it is or experienced this themselves???

xxx

When you say top left do you actually mean the bottom one at your bump or the top one near your boob?

Women's lower rib cage is deliberately flexible to stop them breaking in pregnancy but bruising is possible :hug: xxxxxxxx

I meant right rib lol (where's my brain) but its the rib just under my boob only on my right side..... really bloody hurts! at first I thought babys foot was just staying there but its been 24 hours now so it cant just be his foot being there. He always kicks there though so I think he may have just bruised it....

xxx

there is also something where the ligaments between the ribs can get inflamed with the stretching etc......and probably babies paws being there have aggrevated things too. x

oh really? maybe ill investigate that, i cant see any visible bruising so doubt its broken, maybe it will just pass...

xxx

My brother cracked my mums rib when she was pregnant with him she was x-rayed after she had him and strapped up.

I had to strap mine up the other week as I swore I had done damage to mine. It started off feeling like a foot in the rib but then went on for about 3 days. Only had a relief when it was strapped but mw said it was the ligaments etc between the rib bones. x

sounds like the same as me... how did you strap it up??

xxx

I used some elastic crepe bandage from the chemist and kind of mummified under my boobs and down to my waist not to tight but tight enough. I also used my huge tubagrip that goes round my middle from the physio for my SPD but don't know if you can buy them. x

With my first son my ribs were bruised as heck. Not so bad this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back