Anyone got an OH that can't sleep without the TV on?

You are definitely a better partner than me! I sent my OH to the spare room last night! Woke me up at 4am with his snoring!

The problem with tv in the bedroom is even if you are asleep, the light will interfere with your sleep patterns, and you won't sleep deeply. And like you say, you won't be able to do that once baby has arrived, so have a chat with her - she may as well get used to it now! :lol:

I've found that people used to going to sleep like this, almost need to relearn how to get to sleep, like babies! I used to have to sleep with the tv on, but we don't have one in the room now, and although it took me a while to get used to it, I sleep so much better now, and can't bear any light or sound!

Some progress- timer was not put on lastnight! Tv went off after an hour! I will be hinting all day how happy that made me!

interesting thing at my nct antenatal today. apparently babiews particularyl newborns sleep better with noise of some sort in the room as it makes them feel safer adn secure as they are used to hearing a lot of noise (hb, your digestion and blood flow as well as outside noises) so its actually better not to go around making it extra quiet for them. and leaving a radio on or tv on quiet often helps them.... groan so oh is well happy as he gets to keep his radio/tv noise! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back