Anyone got an OH that can't sleep without the TV on?

Sophie_P

Reaction score
I'm so annoyed, my oh has always tried to get to sleep in bed with the television on low volume, but I need my sleep more than over now. We will get in bed and watch television for a bit, and set the timer. But if I fall asleep before it switches off I get woken up even when the volume is ridiculously low. Tried earplugs, they are too uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

My hubby does this at times and even the flickering light annoys me ha. Apparently you can get infra red earphones which I keep meaning to get so I can't hear it x

Yup iv managed to get my hubby to turn tv off before he goes sleep and turn on radio instead....I wait till he is asleep then bam I turn it off. Not ideal and have told him when baby comes not having noise in room else will wake baby it's v frustrating x

Yes it's not happening when baby is here. I have threatened to smash our tv up the other night x

Oh I feel your pain! Oh likes to get in bed & watch tv & fall asleep with the tv on. I need silence & darkness, I've resorted to arguing but if that fails ear plugs & an eye mask helps!x

The only time I have ever needed to fall asleep with noise or a light on was when I lived on my own for a few months and freaked myself out lol. I am glad to say we don't have this problem as we don't have a tv in the bedroom ;)

xxx

Oh I feel your pain! Oh likes to get in bed & watch tv & fall asleep with the tv on. I need silence & darkness, I've resorted to arguing but if that fails ear plugs & an eye mask helps!x

Do you not find you can still hear the tv with earplugs in? Even the light pisses me off. Xx

I've not got a OH that does it, it's me that does it.

My OH gets annoyed with me terrible, but I just can't sleep without seeing the little flicker of light & hearing it slightly, normally listen to bbc 3 in my sleep lol

I think mine come from when I was a child & had a night light, that had low playing music.

Last edited:
Naughty naughty lol. It's the one thing that really ignores me to be honest. Don't know what a compromise would be x

Me and my other half both need complete silence and darkness to get to sleep, but he is prone to snoring. And boy can he snore! I usually wake him up and send him to the spare room, cruel but it works!

See we haven't got a spare room yet until we move, I wouldn't go in anyway i'm too stubborn!
Having a television in the bedroom is the worst decision ever. Lol. Xx

See we haven't got a spare room yet until we move, I wouldn't go in anyway i'm too stubborn!

The light pisses me off, the noise pisses me off! Lol I go to bed because I'm tired & want to sleep, not lie for ages being kept awake....it annoys me so much I get wound up! The ear plugs help, especially if I'm tired enough but yeah u can still hear it a bit. The eye patches are a life saver though because its the flickering light that annoys me the most x

Ah, sofa? And send him! You are the pregnant one! I may only be a few weeks gone, but i am milking this for all it's worth!

I wouldn't have the heart to send her to sofa lol x

I'm like your OH as well :( been 9 years I never slept in a dark & silent room. I just can't sleep like that.. Bad thoughts come to my mind, then I start listening to my own heart beat etc in the end I either get a panic attack or just stay up all night. My hubby doesn't like it either when I watch my series etc in bed so now I'm watching them on my laptop with earphones on so at least he can't hear anything. He's still moaning about the light sometimes but we manage I guess. Wish I could just go to bed like normal ppl. :looped:

Ooo that's a good suggestion! I did suggest extra long earphones to her earlier but not sure if they exist! The light pisses me off too bloody thing lol!
Currently in bed now, it will start in a minute! Pfft. Lol x

Ooo that's a good suggestion! I did suggest extra long earphones to her earlier but not sure if they exist! The light pisses me off too bloody thing lol!

Get the infra red one for her :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back