Anyone good or work in HR

Linzie2012

Reaction score
I'm after some advice, my HR in work is not a trained person etc jus as the role as she also owns the business.

I need some advice on the below.

I went to HR on 4th June explaining that my workload is too much ( as I'm doing extra for other schools) & mentioning how other things are starting to pile up or creating errors. On Wednesday I have a performance meeting reading the above but against me, as in other things are piling up errors & missing things/not doing.

Also they have known for about 2 months plus that I am pregnant, I have had no maternity letter & no risk assessments even though I'm in my second trimester.
I'm contracted to a dog trainer and was not put on a selected training course even though EVERY trainer within The company was, I was not asked or offered. I'm going to ask in Wednesday why not ? If she says because I'm pregnant, would this be discrimination? The course was a sit down lecture course so she cannot use the excuse of safety.

Thank you !

your best bet is to contact your local citizens advice.

you should have a workplace maternity risk assessment, which should be regularl yreviewed to check you are physically able to carry on working and what areas they need to support you with (e.g. a more comfy chair if you get back problems etc).

if your work treat u in anyway detrimentally excuse you're pregnant it is discrimination, check out the ACAS website (they're kinda like a trade union that's open to everyone) to find out you're rights at work and what they should be doing, be aware that esp as your hr person isn't trained they're probably not aware of what they should be doing!

In you're situation I would recommend...
1. notifying you're boss of you're pregnancy again in writing, either via email or recorded delivery mail and save a copy of the letter/email and evidence it was sent and any reply. Include in it your expected due date and request a risk assessment to be carried out asap.
2. talk to your boss and explain you're feelings about being overworked and that you have not received the same training as everyone else, he/she may not know/realise or at least not be completely aware. Make sure you follow up the conversation with another email/letter just confirming key points, again keep evidence of this and any reply
3. it sounds like the meeting you're having basically u being told you're making mistakes/not doing enough, is that right? if so point out you are doing more than you're job description without proper training! If they try to discipline u in anyway...well from what you've said here they can't! u can always call ACAS for advice or I can answer most questions

by doing the above basically you're covering you're ass, that way if they do try to discriminate against u, u can say u did everything right and have evidence of it! Hope the meeting goes ok weds xxx

Thank you !

I shall do those points, only thing is I use to be assistant manager & back last year I gave that role in but they have not updated my Job Description?

Yes - This company is always behind on everything !

Thank you !

I shall do those points, only thing is I use to be assistant manager & back last year I gave that role in but they have not updated my Job Description?

Yes - This company is always behind on everything !

my company did something similar, basically i got promoted but my contract/job description wasn't changed, then they tried to get rid of me (bullying manager, I didnt actually do anything wrong!) but couldn't :) if they didnt update your job description that's thier fault not yours, and also actually illegal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back