Anyone go for a GTT?

fatass

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I've been for my GTT and got called back to do fasting bloods again. This has never happened before on previous pregnancies and I'm literally worried out of my mind. I failed by .2 and with 4 other small ones at home going to breakfast club is not an option. My hubby works shift and I have no one to ask to help bring the other kids to school, playschool and to mind the baby.

Nothing has worried me as much as this except when I thought I was losing the baby. I saw the Cons straight after I took the test and before the results were back in and she was like 'oh you are showing no signs of gestational diabetes and i'd be shocked if it came back positive'. I rang her straight away and she was stunned, said to do the test again and hopefully it would be lower.

What I'm wondering is if anyone else has been through this and how you managed or got through it. Any advice is great and hopefully ease my mind somewhat.

Thanks girls x

Hey I'm 15weeks pregnant tomorrow and was diagnosed at 9 weeks. 3rd pregnancy and the other 2 I was fine.
Complete shock to the system.
We don't have breakfast club here. We're given a monitor straight away even if we are diet controlled (which I am at the minute)

I was scared, cried, hated myself, even resented being pregnant a little at first. But Iv got another 23ish weeks of this so I may as well get on with it.
If it turns out you have it thier is an amazing group on Facebook of ladies at all different stages of pregnancy with gestational diabetes.
If you need to ask anything I don't mind an inbox x x

It's never as bad as you think X

I had my tests done Monday but haven't heard anything back yet, they said 'no news is good news' but I don't know how long to leave it.

Maybe you were just on the threshold and they need to confirm it either way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back