anyone from Devon?

El1en

Reaction score
Hi girls

My oh has to take a trip to Devon next month for work and while its a business trip its turning into our family holiday. We are from Northumberland and I've never been to Devon before so hoping someone might help me

The work part is near taunton... is that a nice place?

I'd be looking to try and get to the beach and wondered if we should head north or south? I.e. exmoor nationalpark or exmouth? Any recomendations for beaches would be great

Also I remember when I was a lot younger watching a programme about "Monkey world" which was a bit like a zoo but was just monkeys and im sure it wss in devon bit i cant find it on google so I maybe wrong but has anyone heard of it or know what I'm talking about?

Any recommendations on nice towns to stay in would be fab, maybe With a nice park for lo

Last edited:
I live in Devon, in Paignton in Torbay which is south and about an hours drive from Taunton. I dont know much about Taunton tbh as never really been there. Depending how far your willing to travel etc there is a lot to do in Torbay for children, it consists of 3 seaside towns, I live in the one in the middle. There are lovely beaches with a big geo park on the seafront for little uns, also have the pier too and amusements. Paignton zoo is a fab day out and also living coasts in Torquay, its like a small zoo for water animals and birds. You can buy a zoo saver pass thing which allows you to access both attractions for one price. Also with it being summer theres always stuff happening on the green in Paignton, a fair is there generally most of the summer, there will also be carnival week coming up and children's week, which has many activities. Not sure of the date tho.

There's also Plymouth near by, not sure what there is for kids there as haven't been to Plymouth for a while but I know theres a big aquarium, I keep meaning to take my daughter there. Or another city is Exeter, again not sure what they have to offer kids but its a lovely city.

There's also things like penny well farm, Dartmoor (nice for a stroll and picnic), woodlands. Xx

Last edited:
Thanks for them replies. Going to properly start planning our trip this evening. Will look on the maps and see how far we're will in to go with lo around the area

We're going next week. We're going to have a good little tour, planning on see if exmoor national park, going to Stonehenge, monkey world, hopefully plenty of beach time and a visit to oh's aunty. Can't wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back