anyone from Devon?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by El1en, Jul 12, 2016.

1. El1en

El1en Well-Known Member

Hi girls

My oh has to take a trip to Devon next month for work and while its a business trip its turning into our family holiday. We are from Northumberland and I've never been to Devon before so hoping someone might help me

The work part is near taunton... is that a nice place?

I'd be looking to try and get to the beach and wondered if we should head north or south? I.e. exmoor nationalpark or exmouth? Any recomendations for beaches would be great

Also I remember when I was a lot younger watching a programme about "Monkey world" which was a bit like a zoo but was just monkeys and im sure it wss in devon bit i cant find it on google so I maybe wrong but has anyone heard of it or know what I'm talking about?

Any recommendations on nice towns to stay in would be fab, maybe With a nice park for lo

#1 El1en, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  2. fcroxy

fcroxy Well-Known Member

I live in Devon, in Paignton in Torbay which is south and about an hours drive from Taunton. I dont know much about Taunton tbh as never really been there. Depending how far your willing to travel etc there is a lot to do in Torbay for children, it consists of 3 seaside towns, I live in the one in the middle. There are lovely beaches with a big geo park on the seafront for little uns, also have the pier too and amusements. Paignton zoo is a fab day out and also living coasts in Torquay, its like a small zoo for water animals and birds. You can buy a zoo saver pass thing which allows you to access both attractions for one price. Also with it being summer theres always stuff happening on the green in Paignton, a fair is there generally most of the summer, there will also be carnival week coming up and children's week, which has many activities. Not sure of the date tho.

There's also Plymouth near by, not sure what there is for kids there as haven't been to Plymouth for a while but I know theres a big aquarium, I keep meaning to take my daughter there. Or another city is Exeter, again not sure what they have to offer kids but its a lovely city.

There's also things like penny well farm, Dartmoor (nice for a stroll and picnic), woodlands. Xx

#2 fcroxy, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  3. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

Monkey world is in Dorset http://www.monkeyworld.org

Possibly an hour and a half away from Devon? I don't live down there but went to monkey world last year after watching the show!!!

4. El1en

El1en Well-Known Member

Thanks for them replies. Going to properly start planning our trip this evening. Will look on the maps and see how far we're will in to go with lo around the area

5. daydream

daydream Well-Known Member

where did you go ? x

6. El1en

El1en Well-Known Member

We're going next week. We're going to have a good little tour, planning on see if exmoor national park, going to Stonehenge, monkey world, hopefully plenty of beach time and a visit to oh's aunty. Can't wait

7. Shinebright

Shinebright Member

You will love Devon ��