Anyone found foods you'd normally eat completely different?

sammh18

Reaction score
I had a really mild beef curry today something my toddler eats and i found it to be so hot my mouth was burning I had to stop eating it! Has any one else found this? It's really strange normally I can handle hot things but anything spicy is like eating a bowl full of chillies I was sweating and downed a pint of milk my toddler was rather shocked 😂

My tastes have totally changed, normally have a sweet tooth but nie much prefer savoury (had the same when I was pregnant with my first). Also found that some foods left a horrid bitter aftertaste, yuk!!

I just don't understand I had nothing like this with my first this one is completely changing everything I like haha

All my symptoms seem to be amplified this time, or I'm just not remembering it being this bad ��

In my last pregnancy I had awful nausea from week 6 to week 14. I had a constant bitter taste in my mouth I could only deal with/remedy by eating sweets and sucking on lollipops (which I never do normally), it was grim lol. Didn't actually throw up but felt on the cusp of it constantly.
Also I love curry especially one particular one from a local restaurant and I totally went off it & all curry for the duration of my pregnancy. Went off all spicy food. It wasn't too spicy though, but it just was unpleasant. Strange eh?

I never suffered like this with my first this time anything that's mildly spicy seems to have my mouth on fire. And I can't cope with any thing in vinegar �� I think this pregnancy has me in a total 360 I've had nausea this pregnancy where I didn't with my first it's such a strange feeling this time round

I've started getting a taste for Quorn. Maybe I'm carrying a vegetarian lol

I can't eat eggs anymore. I used to love eggs, ate them every day. Now I can't eat them they make me nauseous and about to through up and that feeling last for hours. I can't eat them boiled, scramble, not even omelettes. I rarely ate sweets like once every 2 or 3 months, and that's only if someone brings it to me or gives it to me. Now I am craving chocolate and cream puff filling. LOL Not the cream puff, only the filling part. haha. :)

I keep getting that horrible taste in the mouth and just not really fancying much. I'm eating because I know I have to but I definitely have a decreased appetite at the mo (although that's not really a bad thing as I craved donuts with my son and put on 4st!!!)

Mine just not interested in food I have been snacking on fruit to keep me happy and eating proper good meals with everything I need I just struggle with anything with a kick to it makes me feel like I'm eating a bowl of the hottest chillies ever and I don't know why lol

I have gone completely off cups of tea, and I absolutely love tea ! I suppose it saves money if I'm not buying teabags constantly haha :)

I haven't been able to face tea, coffee or anything sweet in tri 1 any of my pregnancies. This time I had HG and was so sick I could barely eat anything for 5 weeks. Even the smell of bland foods like boiled potato made me throw up. It was awful. I was never found spicy food to be a particular problem though. As soon as I could eat normally again spicy food was fine.

Last edited:
I'm having a real struggle with food but mainly drink this time round.
Im struggling to find any drink I can tolerate more than a sip of. Water, fruit juice, cordial, tea, coffee, lucazade, Pepsi, coke. The only thing that doesn't make me sick is cherry coke but obviously that has caffeine so I'm trying to limit that too :( as for food yea. No. Lol.

I just never fancy anything! I'm eating cos I have to basically. :(

But I did have some of my daughter's pasta with pesto (which is one of my faves usually) and it tasted really bitter to me. Hope that doesn't last!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

I've lost weight in this pregnancy roughly 5lb a week because what ever I eat I don't like! I tried plain noodles I ended up back at the toilet Ill I couldn't cope with the awful taste it's so strange I haven't had anything like this at all in my first pregnancy ☹️

I've gone completely off coffee and scrambled egg whites with chorizo. I absolutely love both. My usual breakfast routine is out the window. I find I need to eat often, but not much is satisfying. I do love lemons. I've had the same subway sandwich every day for lunch this week because it's something that actually satisfies and doesn't upset my stomach. I'm a very healthy eater, but since the weekend it's been lots of crackers and not that great of a selection of fruits, veggies and meat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back