Anyone find baby has made life easier?

Emamay

Reaction score
Easier's not the word...

Okay. I'm one of those people, if I'm ill or sad, I go quiet until someone asks what's wrong. If I'm angry with someone, I'll go cold and quiet until they apologise, then I forgive and forget. Other than that, I'm happy, bubbly...
I'm so laid back I'm horizontal.

OH, on the other hand, has fire in his veins. He's that sorta guy that when he goes to work in a mood, everyone's done something wrong, everyone knows about it, and everyone stays outta the way.

Since Cay came along, I've noticed myself and most of our staff have commented, that although he's more stressed at work (he's doing kinda my job and his own), he's no where near as stressy.

Does that make sense?

I won't say Cay's made life easier, that's not right... Calmer, I suppose. He's just made life in general a lot calmer...

I really hope someone out there knows what I mean xx

I do kind of understand. :) In the past I used to stew about a lot of things. I'd think & I guess overanalyse. Now O is here, I care a whole lot less about things. I realise that none of it really matters. He's taught me not to sweat the small stuff, as they say.

God no! My son has not made life easier in anyway what so ever!

But I think I know what you mean! Having a baby has changed my whole attitude and outlook. I don't care about a lot of things that used to matter to me, they're not important anymore. I just enjoy the simpler things in life more. I'm just happy being with my little family. In some ways I'm more patient, in that silly things don't wind me up anymore. But at the same time I'm less patient - I have no patience for rude people or people wasting my time etc. I used to try to keep the peace whereas now I'm less afraid to speak my mind. I guess it's cos I feel like I have to stand up for my son as well as myself now.

I dunno, I can't describe it. I just know I'm different and in a better way.

I think children teach us lots of things, patience is definotely one of them. They do teach us to appreciate little things too.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Ooh, I agree with the "less patience with idiots" bit...

Before I was always so polite. Now, I get a rude/stupid customer at work an I'm just like...

"GTFO".
Although, that's helped by the fact that I now know the girls in customer service in head office, and if they ever rang to say a customer has complained about me, I just tell them the guy was a dick and they leave me to it :) xx

I totAlly agree with you. I know exactly what you mean.. Except it's me that feels more relaxed and calm about things now I've got Hannah. Xx

Ive become so selfless. I used to love spending time on me and seing to myself before I had to think about anyone else. Now im last in the que to eat, sleep and even pee. So yeah shes changed me. I also no longer give a toss about daft things I would normally get so hung up on. Office politics being the biggest culprit. I now just have such a different attitude. Comes with different priorities I guess. Xxx

tapatalking

I agree! Before I was a worrier, worrying about things that haven't yet happened and may not even happen... Now I enjoy everything and baby has taught me not to sweat the small stuff xx

Tapatalking. X

Ive become so selfless. I used to love spending time on me and seing to myself before I had to think about anyone else. Now im last in the que to eat, sleep and even pee. So yeah shes changed me. I also no longer give a toss about daft things I would normally get so hung up on. Office politics being the biggest culprit. I now just have such a different attitude. Comes with different priorities I guess. Xxx

tapatalking

Deffo don't get hung up on the office and friends politics anymore! One of my mates spent the whole time I saw her recently bitching and moaning about another friend and I just came out with I don't care, let her make her own mistakes and get on with it. It's funny how some people don't have anything to say when they stop talking about other people.

Jackson has made my life easier, or easier than it should be with a 6m old baby.

Makes me even more nervous for number two, they almost always have totes opposite personalities so I'm due a screamer I think haha xxxxx

James is also a very easy baby RM, he has his moments (and he was a nightmare as a newborn!) but on the whole he is a happy, smiley, content little boy who makes being a Mummy very easy.

We'll def get a screamer next time :lol:

OH is the laid back one in our house. He doesn't worry or stress and I have always envied that. I have leaned with James not to sweat the small stuff... No-one is going to evict us if the rent is a day late, my friends aren't going to disown me if I miss a Birthday - they are just a few examples of things that used to stress me!!

I have always prided myself on being organised, punctual, efficient and routined. OH is more haphazard and goes with the flow... to some degree we've both had to change?? You can't be too rigid with a baby but you do need some routine. You cannot be on time all the time with a baby but you do need to make the effort to get out the door at a certain time to fit into his routine iykwim? So I am learning about flexibility and OH is learning about routine :lol:

James was a planned and much wanted baby but nothing could have prepared me (or OH) for the chaos and the change he would bring to our lives. It's a constant learning curve which will take a new twist when I go back to work and OH is a SAHD for a few months.

xxxxxx

I honestly didn't realise how lucky I was till I went to a couple partys with J and everyone elses LO was constantly crying, some didn't sleep though. I thought dear lord. I have it easy haha.

Yeah deffo nat, and you nvr know ur nxt one might have u awake an hour earlier at 4am hahaha :p

I think Jackson has deffo changed OH and I as a couple. We've not argued since well before J was born, we have little bickers but we used to bring the house down sometimes haha. We're more, complete and relaxed as a couple now, we have J to thank for that :) xxxxx

My lo has definitely chilled me out. I used to be really feisty and snappy at people but now I just don't care. I just let things slip all the time now, most things aren't important so I just don't let it stress me out. People say things all the time to me and I just let it go (or have a bitch about it with hubby lol).

She's also a very very easy baby, so I think she's actually chilled me out too lol. She has always been a great sleeper, I never experienced any crazy newborn weeks, and she just fit into our life. Although saying that, my husband is incredibly chilled out as well. She hasn't changed our relationship either.

Can completely relate oh used to come home from work and if things had gone on I'm work I'd know about it he would sulk all night I think in the 11 no this Ava's been here he's come home twice in a mods but within the hour he's shook it off and the last few months has been better than ever he's coming home and making a fuss of me and Ava which is lovely and he's just calmer

I suppose its to do with of things are going wrong at work taking it out on me and Ava he is going to miss out on things and Ava makes a bee line for him as soon as he walks through the door so he has no choice but to shake it off! X

My baby is my world but far from an easy baby so I would say patience has been a big thing I've gained, along with not giving a crap about petty things.

Its also made me more confident and less embarrassed about things. She has recently developed a dislike of strangers and screams when she's with someone she doesn't know. I've learnt just to take her somewhere quiet to calm her down.

My baby is 5 months and still doesn't sleep through which I had thought would drive me crazy however it really doesn't bother me!

The thing that worried me the most was if I would be able to be totally selfless towards her and I really have been. Not to everyone else though, but I would do anything I could for her.

So I think motherhood has changed me for the better :)

Cay started sleeping through at 5m3w.
The week before I went back to work.

He'd been having half a stage 1 jar for tea, and same for dessert.
One night, he just kept going until he'd eaten a whole jar for pudding.
Next day, I gave him a whole main jar. He had that and half a pudding, and slept through :D xx

Yeah food does help them sleep much better. There's this woman I know of. Her baby is 4 weeks younger than J he weighs like nearly 20lb and its all because she has been giving him rusks so he will sleep through. Its shocking.

What things ppl will do to get theyr child to sleep, there's another lady that has her little boy in a roasting room as its "the only way he will sleep" I was like, well, your forcing him to sleep he's waking up dripping in sweat.

Cay mustv just missed you through the night, then thought damn, she's going back to work I'd best start sleeping through for mummy haha :p xxxxx

I know I think I've been plodding along thinking she'll sleep better once we start weaning. I'm waiting until 6 months though so I'll have to wait and see. She's almost 20lbs, rolling, nearly sitting but still so unbothered about food! However she is half Italian, so an interest in food is a must!!
Xxx

That rusks thing is awful!

I've heard people advise "don't put rusk/milk mix in baby's bottle".
I'm like... Why would you do that in the first place? Like, who needs advising against that :/

We were gonna wait until Cay was six months but he got so freakin hungry.
He was born on the 9th centile (due date) at 6oz, never lost weight, stayed 9th until about two months, slipped just over to 25th, and has stayed there since.
Two days before he was six months we had him weighed, 16lb 3oz.
That's on three meals, a snack, and 510ml a day.

OH said that now he's slept through for nearly two weeks, we should move him to his own room.
Neither of us have put this plan into action... Lol xx

Jealous of all your sleeping babys!! Weaning has made no difference whatsoever to eilidhs sleeping...shes still up 2/3 times a night :(

Taking her to get weighed on wed but last time she was 15lb 10oz (at 5m1w)

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back