Anyone experience breakthrough bleeding around time period due?

soccergirl81

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am just over 4 weeks pregnant. On Monday, I saw the doctor and had a blood test. My HCG level came back normal and I was very happy to hear that! Yesterday morning, I had some light bleeding...barely enough to fill a pantyliner. It wasn't fresh blood, rather a bit darker and then it tapered off in the evening to nothing. I haven't had any bleeding since last night before going to bed. Yesterday was also the day my period was due. Obviously the sight of blood scared the living day lights out of me...but, I did a little research and it seems this may have been breakthrough bleeding.

Has anyone experienced bleeding around the time there period was due? If you don't mind sharing, it would be great to get the reassurance that this happens from time-to-time. Thank you!

Yep I did with my first and my 3rd, with my first it lasted 3 days and I presumed it was a normal period, it wasn't until my scan that I found out that I was 4 weeks further than I thought. With my 3rd I had bleeding for a day when my period was due and got bfp a few days later xx

yup, had a bleed on my normal period week but it was old blood, not sure it if was implantation/breakthrough but baby was born 40w 3d (from lmp before the above) so dates must have been pretty accurate

Thank you for both of your responses! Makes me feel better to know other people had a similar light bleeding and went on to have a healthy pregnancy!

I had a brownish spotting the day I was due to come on. At first I thought it was the start of my period but that never came.

Good luck!

I did! That is how I found out I was pregnant. I thought it was AF spotting. Started out pink, then turned brown and was gone by the afternoon. I'm now 26 weeks. X

I didn't at 4 weeks but did at 8, which was scary but again, completely normal xx

Yes. So far, every time period due I have had a really light pink spotting (about two spots) and then small amount of brown. Xx

I had light pink bleeding and then 2 days later it was brownish in colour. Due to back pains I went to the doctors and had 2 hcg bloods done everything seemed normal but the bloods came back and my hcg had gone down. I have been told to wait for a miscarriage. I think if you have any bleeding you should check it with the doctor. My family told me not to worry about the bleeding and that it was normal for some women. I'm glad I went to the doctors now. Not saying this is happening to you but I wanted to tell you my experience. I wish you all the best and a healthy happy baby :) xxxxx

Hi, il be 13 weeks on Saturday and end of Dec, Jan and now Feb I have bled for a day like a normal period but only lasted 2-3 days.. Had 3 scans in that time and another tomorrow but baby is fine there just putting it down to hormones I think xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back