Anyone else's lo turn into a nightmare to get to bed at 10 months?

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
Title says it all. For about two weeks Mia has just cried and cried or smiled, blown raspberries and bounced on the mattress and cries if I leave the room! She previously went to sleep almost as soon as I put her down with no fuss. Is this a phase they go through?!!

My LO is doing this too, started at 8 months, we are about 3 weeks in to it =( I think it is possibly sleep regression. Just stay firm. I leave him to cry for so long then will go in, give himm his dummy and a kiss then leave. Sometimes this can go on for 3hrs but each night is getting easier x

My LO cries as soon as I lie him down and becomes not upset as I leave the room :-( but I just kiss him and walk out without looking at him, he soon calms down! He been doing it for a couple of months x

I'm afraid you may have many phases to go through.

My 2 year old generally goes to sleep beautifully, but every every few months I have two weeks of hell!!!

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Eurgh yes! :( Ethan is mid leap, so I'm putting it down to that. Not sure about M though as she's a bit older?!

He's fine all the time I'm in the room, but as soon as I leave the room he hysterically cries, gets himself so worked up, hits the cot bars etc. Luckily, he usually settles himself within about 5mins and I leave him to it. If not, I go in and 'shush' him, turn his seahorse on and leave & repeat until he falls asleep (on bad nights, it can last anything up to an hour or so)

Saying that, he's gone to bed with no fuss tonight thank god! Long may it continue haha xx

OMG I could totally have written this! Infact, I did a thread recently about my bedtime nightmares with Cam.

He's doing exactly the same, won't settle, does cot gymnastics or cot trampolining and cries when I leave the room.

It's driving me mad! Please let it be a phase and over sooooooon!!

XX

Yes!!! My little nearly 11month angel has turned into a bedtime devil... We have always had the bath, bottle bed routine, alway followed it. He went to bed awake at 8pm every night. Fell asleep himself with his seahorse... Then it just went to pot. He would stand up, cry, shout, roll around. He even started getting up for a night feed for 6 weeks!!! He's not had a night feed since 6months. *touchwood* that's a week he's started sleeping through. But we can't put him in his cot awake or he just doesn't go to sleep, it ends in tears. Do he falls asleep in my arms. During the day he naps in his pram no bother. Bum changing, dressing and after bath have all became a huge tearful drama in my house :-/ xx

massive developmental leap at 10 months! my lo did it for a week when she learned to crawl, now we're back to 6-5am x

Yup. I hear ya. I dread bedtime xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yes!!! My little nearly 11month angel has turned into a bedtime devil... We have always had the bath, bottle bed routine, alway followed it. He went to bed awake at 8pm every night. Fell asleep himself with his seahorse... Then it just went to pot. He would stand up, cry, shout, roll around. He even started getting up for a night feed for 6 weeks!!! He's not had a night feed since 6months. *touchwood* that's a week he's started sleeping through. But we can't put him in his cot awake or he just doesn't go to sleep, it ends in tears. Do he falls asleep in my arms. During the day he naps in his pram no bother. Bum changing, dressing and after bath have all became a huge tearful drama in my house :-/ xx

Ha ha, Toby is exactly the same!!
We've had to move to the pull up style nappies as he will not stay put for normal nappies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back