Anyone elses family mad?

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
My grandma and uncle bought Jake loads of lovely stuff including a girls winter coat :wall: They bought loads of girls and boys stuff when I was pregnant and having a suprise but assumed it would stop once the baby was born lol. They got my nephew a "Birthday Girl" keyring for his first birthday :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: no they are not the only people who buy wierd pressies! last year my nan & grandad who are in their 80's bought Louie a cream fleece jacket with flowers all over it :roll:
when i took it back to change it i found out it had cost 99p in the sale :roll:
they bought the kids good stuff this year coz my mum chose most of the stuff, although Josh got a Noddy book (Josh is 6 & into Dr Who) he looked at me & said 'mum is this for Louie!!' :rotfl:

My MIL bought me opium for men a couple of years ago but I'm sure it was an honest mistake :roll:

:lol:

My mam asked me a few days ago whether or not DH uses cloth handerchiefs. I said no, he just uses paper tissues or loo roll, and he would never use cloth ones. So what did she get him? cloth handkies of course :roll:

for Lydia she bought a glass. Yep, a glass :?

For Alex she bought nothing.

She spent pretty much the whole day telling me off for buying Alex and Lydia Christmas presents :roll: "They don't need presents! Obviously you've got money to burn! Why would you go and buy presents for them? They're only little!"

:shakehead:

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest. She used to buy me things like back scratchers and pencils for Christmas when I was a kid. A few years ago she gave me a potato peeler for my birthday.
She gave DH and I 24 tins of meatballs in tomato sauce for our wedding present.

lol my mam's madness got me into quote of the day haha! who'd have thought it :lol:

A few years ago she gave me a potato peeler for my birthday.

:lol: :lol: I'll have to tell James that one! He was disappointed the other day cos he got a sleeping bag liner for his birthday, and the sleeping bag to go with it for xmas from my dad.
My mum asked him on the phone if he liked it and he said 'I hated it, it was my worstest present!' :shock:

muppetmummy said:
A few years ago she gave me a potato peeler for my birthday.

:lol: :lol: I'll have to tell James that one! He was disappointed the other day cos he got a sleeping bag liner for his birthday, and the sleeping bag to go with it for xmas from my dad.
My mum asked him on the phone if he liked it and he said 'I hated it, it was my worstest present!' :shock:

oh dear :shock: :rotfl:

My Grandad bought DS a coat for Christmas, when we opened it it was purple with a pink lining :? I think he must have got the tags mixed up cause my cousins daughter got a navy blue coat. lol

Xena said:
My mam asked me a few days ago whether or not DH uses cloth handerchiefs. I said no, he just uses paper tissues or loo roll, and he would never use cloth ones. So what did she get him? cloth handkies of course :roll:

for Lydia she bought a glass. Yep, a glass :?

For Alex she bought nothing.

She spent pretty much the whole day telling me off for buying Alex and Lydia Christmas presents :roll: "They don't need presents! Obviously you've got money to burn! Why would you go and buy presents for them? They're only little!"

:shakehead:

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest. She used to buy me things like back scratchers and pencils for Christmas when I was a kid. A few years ago she gave me a potato peeler for my birthday.

:shock: :shock: :shock: you must be joking :shock: :shock: :shock: MEATBALLS???

Ok, Xena, you win that one. I have nothing to say about the meatballs- Im just stunned into silence :|

:hug: :hug:

lol - you could say my mam is....interesting.... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back