Anyone elses baby the total opposite?? Feeling like im being judged here!

MamaJay

Reaction score
So i have a lovely 7 month old and she could nottt be anymore opposite looks wise.
Me and my partner have dark hair and eyes
Our lo has blue/green eyes and blonde hair

To top that off were both O+ bloods and our lo is O- !

Ill be honest, ive had the odd sneer. (Even my partner finds it annoying)

Ive had the :
two browns cant make a blue
And the
Your both 0+ how os she 0-

Sometimes it burns. Because lets be honest its basically a way of saying ''have you been fooling around??'' Other times i laugh it off.

Just to point out all my family are blonde and green.
And my partners family are dark blonde brown with blue or green/hazel eyes.

We are the odd ones in our families haha!

Is anyone elses baby the opposite?

Last edited:
When my little girl was born she was really dark skinned & jet black hair. She was actually the same colour as my husbands Best friend who's Mexican- cue the rumours that I'd had an affair. Not a chance, but she was also the spitting image of my husband at birth facial looks wise- not anymore though, she's 100% a mini mummy! My husband is half Italian, and in the sun goes very dark but other winter he pales out slightly. I'm real pale and both of us where white blonde at birth but matured into mousey. She's now really pale and mousey herself at 14 months. She also had bluey/green eyes until she was about 10 months & now they're dark brown like mine. You'll probably find as she matures her appearance will change, her hair may darken/lighten & her eyes might do the same!

Yes my partner has italian in his family also but my dad was actually portuguese! Hence the darker features on myself and my partner must just be a throw back! Haha xx

She sounds gorgeous!

My baby is mixed race so always going to look different (although he takes after my side of the family, except for the long eyelashes)

However, I am a blue eyed former blondish toddler with O- blood and my parents are both dark haired and dark eyed and neither of them have negative blood. I don't think anyone ever made mean comments to my parents though!

You do see those rare stories though about couples who are of African ethnicity who end up having white blond/blue-eyed children - that must be very difficult for them to explain!

Enjoy your lovely daughter and you don't need to justify yourself to anyone! Haven't they heard of recessive genes for god's sake? I guess it's a good way of discovering who's not worth your time/friendship xx

My youngest sister is blonde and golden skin, my mum, dad, other sister and I are all brown hair and pale skin. The people that say two browns can't make a blue obviously know nothing about genetics.

I'm not entirely sure of the technicalities but apparently eye colour is further influenced by the mother's father so if he has blue eyes that could influence your children's. In my partners family his niece has brown eyes while the rest of the family have very blue eyes but her maternal grandfather had brown. She is very clearly her father's daughter so being an opposite means nothing! X

Both of my children have blonde hair and blue eyes, I have brown hair and very dark brown eyes and my husband has green eyes and brown hair. My Dad who passed away before I had children had blonde hair and blue eyes so I see him in my children every day :)

You obviously both carry the genes to pass onto your little one for the hair and eye colour :). I wouldn't bother my bum what anyone else thinks I hate all those judges xx

What lols said x brown is the dominant eye gene yes but you both probably hold a brown/blue eyed gene. So both your blue genes got together and made a blue eyed Bubba x Its a shame that you would get funny looks. She may even go dark haired as she gets older. Ignore it. People can be so ignorant sometimes. I am dark haired dark eyed and dd has white blonde hair and blue eyes x hubs has blue eyes and dark hair but user to be blonde when a baby x '

My friend and her ex both have brown eyes and brown hair and their 2 yr old boy is blonde with blue eyes too.

I have blue eyes, my ex has brown eyes, our eldest had blonde hair when little and it was really fine, just the same colour and texture as my ex (but now it's more of a light brown) and has blue eyes like me, our younger child has brown eyes like her dad and brown hair like mine.

My baby (bump) is also mixed race so will be interesting to see what their skin tone & hair ends up like :)

Her eyes will keep changing for the first 12-18 months of her life. My little one had dark blue/grey eyes when born. Now he's two and they're a dark hazel like mine. Both me & His dad have dark hair and he is dark blonde. My new partner is blonde so people assume he is his father.
Also, my hair was quite light as a toddler but it went darker with age.

Not sure on the blood group though, that is a wonder x

I have dark hair and hazel eyes and my husband is the same. My daughters were born with dark hair but the eldest is now blonde with hazel eyes and my youngest is getting blonder and also has hazel eyes. But my son is blonde and has blue eyes! It's funny what genes they inherit! I think it's the grandfathers that both have the blue eyes in our family. Crazy xxx

My little one was born with jet black hair & im naturally blonde but the older he has got the lighter his hair is becoming he is now blonde ... He looks the spit of me which I find funny as everyone thinks he is gorgeous & im not really a fan of my looks

If any blue or green eyes run in either
Of your families then there is always a chance it'll be passed on. My son has blue eyes mine are green and hubby's are brown my parents are brown and green yet hubby's parents are blue and brown so it can come from anyone in your family xxx

My wee boy is a 50/50 mix of OH and I so we get how much he looks like me and his daddy off different sides. Although OH has red hair, or did when he was wee - and he has blue eyes.

I am part polish, I have really dark hair and eyes, Jackson took my eyes - so the red hair with the dark eyes is quite unusual.

I think its really ignorant of others to question why your baby has whatever hair or blood type! It has nothing to do with why baby has what colour eyes or hair. So dont feel that you need to explain!

Theres this theory of baby looking like daddy as soon as they are born to stop the male rejecting their own - and after OH called me at it for that one, I googled it and it seems to be at least part true! The first words out of my mouth was to OH saying "He is your double"

xxxx

I've had it because my eldest is a red head.

I've got dark hair and dark eyes, OH has blue eyes and mousey hair although he was really fair as a boy. Our eldest looks more like OH, has his blue eyes and of course red hair. Our youngest looks facially more like me, although I think he looks like a copy of his cousin on OH's side. He has my dark eyes but really fair hair like OH did when he was little. I don't think either of my boys look like one another now, but when they were both babies they looked identical, except for their hair.

While brown eyes are the most dominant trait for eye colour, both of you could easily carry the allele (/gene) for light eyes which would result in a 25% chance of your baby having light eyes :)

It is also very possible for your child to be Rh- (o-) when both of you are Rh+ (o+)! The only impossible thing would be if your baby had A, B or AB blood as type o plus type o always results in type o! lol

Yep me and hubby are both dark hair and eyes and Jakey has blonde hair and blue eyes.. had alot of "oh must bebtge milkmans"...but my family are predominantly blonde with light eyes so he follows them in that respect...however as hes getting older his features and personality are me and hubby totally.
It's a shame when people make negative comments about babies looking different to their parents...they are precious whatever colour eyes and hair they have

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back