Anyone else.................

lulu

Reaction score
a student with children???

I will be 30 in June and have just been offered a uni place on a 4 year degree course. Jack will be almost 3 and this one will be 2 months or so.

Anyone else studying with children? studied with small children?

What was it like for you? any advice?

I'm a uni student, but I'm taking a year out at the mo.

I did a year whilst Lydia was 12 - 21 months old, and for most of it I was pregnant with Alex as well.

It was tiring, I won't deny it, and your essay writing / studying gets interrupted a lot, but it's doable.

I'm going back to uni this september - Lydia will be 3, and Alex will be 13 months.

i've taken a year out, and go back to uni in september, lo will be a few months old. oh works, so it should be managable.. hopefully :think:

xxx

I am a final year student desperately trying to finish my dissertation before little one arrives..... :D

Good luck with your course :hug:

i'm not at the moment, but plan to be in sept 2009, when LO will be 2...will be a challenge but looking forward to it! :D

Yep,i'm a student,in first year of A levels :lol: it's tricky but you can work studying round babys' naptime etc....also,if Willow is awake and I really need to finish something I just put her in her chair and do my essays on the floor-because she loves the rustle of paper,and watching my pen move :lol: I'm quite glad to be back at school,my brain was starting to need some non-baby related excersise

I am in uni Its 4 yrs one day a week but 20 hrs home study a week....I have four kiddies....and this one on the way. First year uni is easy (i think) as its purpose is to bring you all up to the same level easier than A level. If you have a supportive partner and its part - time i would go for it. No time like the present :cheer:

I've just finished uni doing my teaching degree.

UP here u have to do a probation year which I am currently in the middle of. I will miss 10 weeks of it which I have to make up. I was going to go back in Aug to finish it but have decided to wait till this time next year when the baby will be a bit older but it will still be tough

U will be fine! Just stick at it and ask for lots of help - at home and at uni

I did start a degree, and 3 days into it found out i was preggers! I stayed a few months but then realsied i couldnt manage it once babs is born - as i didnt want to use daycare and it was a 5 day a week course.

I'm now with the OU which i'm hoping will make things easier for me

How do you afford it?

I would love to do a masters as already have a degree luckily got year before amber decided to make her presence known....

Any advice would be aprecated

wow, thanks for all your replies, feel loads better now.

I have to make sure I can afford it but there seems to be a lot of help out there, especially for parents wanting to go back to studying!

There are lots of student finance web pages with loads of info, also a forum called the student room - might be worth asking questions in there about finances etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back