anyone else

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Gruntie2, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Gruntie2

Gruntie2 Well-Known Member

every morning for the last couple of weeks when i've blown my nose... i get a little nose bleed? any one else have this????

2. X5OT

X5OT Well-Known Member

Yes, I've had this quite a lot. Asked my consultant about it and he said its common during pregnancy, as well as some bleeding from the gums. It's beacuse the little blood vessels in your nose and gums become quite sensitive during pregnancy, not helped by the fact that your blood volume increases from about 8 pints to about 14 pints by the end of 40 weeks, so putting more pressure on the vessels. Strangely enough, mine always seems to bleed from the right side. Usually clears up pretty quick, so not like a 'normal' nose bleed.

HTH

3. Gruntie2

Gruntie2 Well-Known Member

yes.. i've had the bleeding gums also..... when brushing my teeth...

4. X5OT

X5OT Well-Known Member

yep, I get it a lot when brushing my teeth - was really worried about it but the dentist said it's quite normal. Seems like a lot of blood at times though!

5. annaespana1

annaespana1 Well-Known Member

Yes I have that from quite early on MW says it's not helped with the air-con. X

6. fothers

fothers Well-Known Member

Mine always bleeds to- espescially this last week as I've had a stinking cold :x