Anyone else?

Star77699

Reaction score
Hi

Feel like no one around me understands what I’m going through and was hoping someone on here has experienced something similar maybe. I am a single mother with a 6 year old daughter but I have always been desperate for a second child, I left my ex 2 years ago, shortly after, I found out I was pregnant it was a shock but then I was happy that at least my 2 children would have the same dad, a week after finding out I had a miscarriage I was upset but accepted that it wasn’t the best situation and it just wasn’t meant to be. 2 years later at the end of August this year I stupidly had a drunken one stand (literally the first time I had slept with anyone in 2 years) I took the morning after pill but a week and a half later got a positive pregnancy test, at first I was devastated, I had just started my dream job and the father was a complete stranger but on the plus side I would have my much longed for second child, as at 37 years of age I had given up hope and also after only sleeping with someone once and at my age and after taking the morning after pill it felt like it was meant to be. I had some bleeding so at 6 weeks went for a scan and saw the heartbeat so accepted that this was really happening and in my head, as you do, made plans for the future. The father took the news well and I started to be excited. At when I thought I was about 9 and a half weeks I had some light bleeding again so booked a scan where I was told my baby had died at 7 and a half weeks. I’m so devastated because I feel like this is my second miscarriage but also because I’m single I’ve no partner going through it with me and also can’t ‘try again’ like most people this happens to. Also had to go through being told the news on my own and having the miscarriage on my own whilst trying to act normal for my little girl. I know people think you are lucky to have one but when you desperate to have another it’s hard and I feel being 37 and single there’s no chance because I wouldn’t have a one night stand again. Just feel devastated and like nobody around me understands what I’m going through. Can anyone relate? X

I can't relate to your story but I feel for you. It must be so hard to go through all of this alone.

Once you've had time to grieve, if you decide you still really want a baby, you can do it alone! Plenty of single women have babies through sperm donation. You're clearly pretty fertile so its definitely an option for you :)

For now though, take care of yourself and give yourself time to heal. Everyone on here is very supportive and will be here for you x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back