Anyone else with sickness?

MrsB2105

Reaction score
I've been struggling to eat for about 2-3 months .... I assume it's to do with the lack of space
I tend to manage about 6 mouthfuls of food before I cannot fit anymore in and start wanting to vomit. The past few day I seem to have gotten worse, I can barely manage 4 mouthfuls, nausea is keeping me awake, i tried using a different tactic the other day where I had really tiny portions but often, that however led me to vomiting and then a very long evening in triage. I'm now tired and grumpy and feel like crap, and all I feel the need to do is vomit 24/7 :(.
I have tried various things, just ordered some anti sickness bands so hopefully they will be here in a couple of days. Any advice is appreciated as I am now very worried that the lack of eating is going to cause bother to my babies x

I'm not vomiting but I'm starting to get a bit heavey again like I was in tri 1.
I was told arrowroot biscuits work wonders. I used anti sickness bands and they seemed to keep it at bay for me x

I've ordered some old Jamaica ginger beer, some mints, some ginger biscuits, and the bands, all recommended by various people. I never had this trouble with my little boy, but it's wearing me down. I thought I was bad in tri 1 what I feel worse now x

I was better in tri 2, but it's coming back now. I also had a stomach bug last weekend, went to the doctor's Monday and she got really angry at me not eating while I was sick: 'better eat and let it all come out again than not eat' she said... Ginger tablets help a bit for me and I have something for my heartburn too. I noticed it gets worse when I sleep badly, so lots of rest may help a bit. I'm afraid there's not much you can do against it, but just keep trying to eat and drink a lot so you don't get dehydrated. And t ry not to worry too much: I was sick for 9 months with my son and he was and is very healthy. This time I haven't gained any weight since May, but baby is growing fine. These babies take what they need ;-)

Last edited:
Funny enough I am either the same weight as when I booked in or a little less.

I've been drinking a lot of milk as that doesn't make me vomit :) and its full of calcium which is a good thing I think.

It bugs me when they tell you to eat when you can't though, as I imagine they probably don't x

Milk sounds good! Yeah it is rather annoying. It's easier said 'just eat' than done... especially when you get sick after a few spoonfuls of food! Luckily it will all be better after birth. How many weeks do you have to go?

Technically 9 but they class twins full term at 37 so I think only 6 or 7. And yes it's a bonus that anything pregnancy related is only temporary isn't it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back