Anyone else watch loose women today?

They just totally bashed bfing!

It started as the Facebook taking photos of bfing mothers off and turned onto abash session with bfing in public being compared to a man flashing his bits in public!!

Omg! Good for you, don't hold back.
Those people on that programme knock women's rights back about 50 years! x

Didn't see it but that's terrible, you would think they would be promoting it. Bet it was that Karen women who don't want kids?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

It appears they did the same thing in 2010, I really struggled with bf in public and its things like this that don't help. What I find more crazy is that there typical audience is mums with young children.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

This was my email -

I'm writing to inform you of my disgust at some of the comments made on this mornings Loose Women on the subject of breast feeding.

Yes the discussion was initially about photos of people breast feeding on Facebook, but it quickly escalated into a breastfeeding bashing session. This was VERY tactless considering a high percentage of your audience will be women on MATERNITY LEAVE a lot of which would've been watching the show while breastfeeding.

I think Carol and Lisa's opinions on not breastfeeding in public were dated and uncalled for and projecting the negative image that a lot of people in the public seem to perceive of it.

I don't think they would have the guts to come up to me if I was breastfeeding in a coffee shop and I quote 'had my buggy in the way' yet they think it's ok to say that it's not ok on NATIONAL TELEVISION!

I also very much disagree with the comments about it being the same as a man flashing his genitals on the street as it is not at all. Most women are very discreet as they DO NOT want the world to stare at their breasts.

It's safe to say I will no longer be watching Loose Woman and I will be urging my friends and neighbours on maternity leave or about to, to do the same due to a lack of support for one of the most natural things in the world.

The women on that programme are hideous role models IMO, it's a disgrace x

That email is great! Good for you hon, fortunately I missed it as I was at a bfing support group ironically!! I hate that programme anyway but I'll not watch it again now, I hate feeding my baby in public because I am always terrified someone will have a go even though I have a silk scarf and am very discreet but the overall public view fuelled by ignorant bitch3s like them mean I feel like I'm doing something shameful when I feed my child. There is nowhere bf friendly where I live so I just have to wander round until I find somewhere that has a table I think is discreetish and hope for the best.

I am getting absolutely f'ing sick of people who make us mothers feel guilty for feeding our children, if its not the massive guilt trips given to formula Mums its people making us feel like we are the equivalent of male sex offenders flashing their bits when we breastfeed. Every single person on this planet was either fed formula or breast or they wouldn't be alive so why the massive problem?

When I have my lo, I'm going to get a front row ticket for this show and unleash my big milk filled boobs right in front of them, maybe express a bit, maybe squeeze some into my tea. Maybe I'll squirt some at the sour faced bitches ;) x

Great email! I think we should all go along and breast feed on the front row!
How on earth they can think its like a man flashing his bits i don't know. I won't be watching again either

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I've not even had my baby and I'm shocked!!!!!!!! That's awful!!!!! I don't watch the program but when he's here and were at home while hubby is at work I def won't!!!!!! Shocked isn't the word.......your email is brilliant pinky xxx

I am not bf but if I was I would do it in public discreetly! I mean why should LO go hungry? It's ok to get a bottle out but not feed from the breast! Ridiculous!

Lol cos, bet that would shut them up!!! I didn't see the show but that's ridiculous comparing it to a man flashing!!! How dare they!!!!

I bf in public, I don't use a cover as I don't feel I need to, no one can see anything as Colby is across me and nothing is ever on show. I was out yesterday at a local attraction like the Eden project in Cornwall and in the cafe alone there were 2 other ladies bf. It was really nice to see as I don't normally come across anyone else in public.

I wonder how many other complaints they'll get, great email btw

I didn't see it. I stopped watching it a while a go cos something they said got my back up. Good for you for making a stand!! I think it's disgusting how women are made to feel just for feeding their babies. What would people in say a coffee shop prefer to see, a screaming baby cos it's hungry and the mum is too embarrassed to bf or a happy baby getting the nurishmwnt it needs from mum!?! I know what I would prefer to see. How dare they make comments about bf being like flashing, when they are always at celeb parties getting their bits out for the paps!! Grrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back