Anyone else waking up ridiculously early?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Laura1992, May 25, 2016.

1. Laura1992

Laura1992 Well-Known Member

I've been waking up at 5am pretty much every day for the last two weeks. It's killer, as I don't usually get to go to bed until 11ish. I usually wake up because I need the loo and then struggle to fall back asleep.

Anyone else have the same?

2. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

Yes but not due to the child in my tummy, due to his or her brother who is 3 and thinks when th sky is awake and he is awake it's time to play!!!! I've barely slept past 5-5.30 since he was born lol

3. sammielou

sammielou Well-Known Member

Sometimes I'd wake up at 2-3am and then not be able to go back to sleep until about half an hour before my alarm was set to go off. Then of course I'd be out like a light and find it impossible to get up. Or like you I'd wake up at 4-5am and that would be it for the night.

Catch up on sleep whenever you can. Hopefully for you it'll pass. For me, sadly, I've had insomnia throughout my whole pregnancy!

4. Laura1992

It's difficult because I work Monday- Saturday, so if I sleep all day on Sunday then I barely get a chance to do anything but work and sleep! I'm half asleep here at work today, and I'll be holding off telling about my pregnancy for a while yet.

5. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

I was like this in early weeks of Tri 1. I was knackered but couldn't for the life of me sleep. x

6. Ikklemoi

Ikklemoi Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm awake 4/5 nearly every morning but can't sleep until really late it's fustrating. Xx

7. BlondeP

BlondeP Well-Known Member

Yep!!! I keep waking about 3/4am and I can't go back to sleep so I just lie here u til the alarm with my eyes closed just begging for a quick snooze! Xxxx

8. Dgreen10

Dgreen10 Active Member

I have woken at 5 every morning since I fell pregnant and still doing it now and I'm 27 weeks so frustrating !!

9. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

5am and wide awake zzzzzzzz

10. Laura1992

I'ts 1pm in Hong Kong! This morning I woke at 2.30 though - a new record! I prefer that though, because I was able to go back to sleep from 3.30 until 7!

11. Blueflower

Blueflower Well-Known Member

I am the same and doing the longest wees ever! Can't possibly go back to sleep with a full bladder then having trouble getting back to sleep afterwards, or dropping off just as my alarm goes off! So tired at work and I can't nap in the evenings as I feel energetic then!

12. schell

schell Well-Known Member

I know this is an older post but I'm exactly the same. Feel like my brain is more Alice in the mornings since being pregnant. 6 yesterday was a lie in. Haha xx

13. CLF88

CLF88 Well-Known Member

I'm the same, I thought it was very strange, I have been waking up between 4 and 5 every morning! I'm exhausted but can't get back to sleep once I'm up! Glad I'm not alone!

14. Robbda

Robbda Well-Known Member

YES!

I'm 11 weeks and SHATTERED but I wake up at 5am every morning regardless can't get back to sleep and then by 11am I'm wondering how I'm going to get through the day!

15. Laura1992

I wonder why this happens! It's horrible being so tired and then not being able to get enough hours of sleep (not helped by the constant waking for wee and food if you're anything like me).