Anyone else treat their belly like fine china??!

T84

Reaction score
So trying everything in my power to keep this bubs sticky. Does anyone else treat their belly like fine china?? I notice that if i bend over or do too much I get faint cramps. Even got oh doing the bathroom and the hoovering cos that's 'too dangerous!' I know myself this is sheer craziness and I'm sure I won't 'squash' bubs. Please say others are the same?!

No but my mother is. Wouldn't let me carry a bag of shoppif into he house today. I have stopped doing any wavy lifting at work but that's about it

TBH yes, you are being slightly over the top. At this stage of your pregnancy the baby is so low down in your pelvis that very little (with the exception of an explosion!) is going to dislodge it. However - make the most of it lol!!!!

I do a lot if Guide camps and school Duke of Edingburgh expeditions, the kids, since finding out I am pregnant, have been so well behaved and easy to manage as they don;t want me to be stressed - I am sure they will go back to their usual mixed bag after the baby arrives.

At first yes, but i'm reassured now that this baby is sticky, but I couldn't change a thing anyway even if it weren't. There is just nothing you can do hun. Try and relax.

Tbh with my first pregnancy I was exactly like this and I was so anal about exactly how much tea I could drink etc etc and I still miscarried - just wasn't meant to be.

This time round I have had the what will be will be attitude and am so chilled out and I will be hitting tri 3 soon.

Just act normal and don't over do it, you will be fine x

Last edited:
I'm with H16 ! Same happened to me with mc so I'm just being normal now and waiting for scan

So the answer to this is chill... And hope there isn't an explosion like lulubelle says! ;-) I know I'm being crazy, just do desperate for a sticky this time! Maybe ill feel better after scan on tue x x

Will keep my fingers crossed for you on scan day hun. I know how scary it is after a miscarriage x

Yep, there is so little you can really do, its pointless driving yourself mad. I've tried to be good, but I've pretty much carried on as normal, seeing my horses, working (on my feet and lifting/carrying).

I was the same with my 1st pregnancy but this time round there's no chance. My toddler climbs on my constantly and pokes at my belly button when we say there's a baby in there lol! I think they're pretty protected but I still worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back