Anyone else obsessed with old buildings?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by littlemiss83, Jan 25, 2012.

1. littlemiss83

littlemiss83 Well-Known Member

Ok this is a wierd one.

I never had any thoughts on buildings until I moved to the east end of Glasgow, this is where the original Glasgow was built & is the oldest part of the city, the history here is amazing & the buildings in the east end are phenomenal, absolutely gorgeous. When I first moved here I went big walks with the buggy & looked at all the old buildings in glory, id never seen anything like it in the more upmarket area i'd been brought up in, its led to a facination with these old buildings. There is old schools around here, scattered about, empty, boarded up, massive massive buildings in red sand stone, the architecture is stunning. I duno i just love looking at these buildings, its like a snapshot into the past. I look at the old schools (built in 1918) and imagine the children running around years ago.

Today I found another old school building which was built in 1890, its tucked between houses & a factory & its one of those buildings you look up & go...wow.

Its at the stage I actually wana have a sneaky look around :oooo:

Sorry, just thought i'd see if anyone else was as wierd as me.

:)

2. Princess81

Princess81 Well-Known Member

Totally get you! Love old buildings and their history. O/h is the same :)

3. littlemiss83

littlemiss83 Well-Known Member

My OH is more into older buildings like castles & stately homes & ruins. Whenever we go on holiday thats all he wants to do is go looking at them.

:)

4. LikeJohnnYoko

LikeJohnnYoko Well-Known Member

Yup! I love looking at old buildings of all ages. I walk around with my head fixed on the buildings above the shops in town :)