Anyone else not got a birth plan?

Mrsmac1507

Reaction score
I've never completed a birth plan and I'm 39+1. I thought this was something I did with my midwife however she's been on holiday/ off sick for my last 3 visits snd iv had others stepping in. My experiences seem to be different to others on here also (eg. never had bump measured either) so i didnt think much of it anyway. A friend hold me she completed hers by herself, but I don't have a clue. It seems the plans often go out the window anyway during labour so is there any point? Due to see midwife on Friday.

I don't have one! I've seen my midwife loads and we've never discussed it but there is a page in my notes for me to fill out. I haven't bothered simply because I'm not fussed whatever happens will happen and other than wanting a water birth, I'm just happy enough to go with the flow :) xx

I don't have one yet but will be doing it on my next apt. I do hear that a lot of them don't go to plan but I know I'll feel better having a plan in place as the mw's at the hospital know what you have in mind etc and what you'd really like to do and defo not do etc. I'd defo have some plan written down for when you go into labour so they have an idea of what you want xx

I don't have a plan , best to go with the flow I think :) that way u don't stress

I did my own mw didn't mention it I did it as a guide it may go out the window but it basically gives u a chance to think through all the options and be aware of things before that means if stuff happens you have previously considered things. I used the nhs template off the website but wrote my own. It means now that im aware of everything from how I want placenta delivered to when to do cord clamping who is allowed in delivery room if il allow students or not In there family traditions and after care questions like vit k injection or oral to baby whether I'd like a water birth or not prefer x

My plan is get through it with loads of drugs! I want to be sat on a bed, no water, no music, just plenty of pain relief! That's it! Lol x

Nope. Didnt use it last time was a waste of my time!! X

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Thanks ladies, think I might make some notes, but be prepared for just going with the flow.

I don't have one either and im not bothering to do one. my midwife and I haven't really discussed anything anyway. Gas and air will do me fine and that's all I want :) x

I don't have one. OH and I know what we want and dont want really. So whatever happens, happens :)

Sent from my GT-I9300

i did one last time and it never left my bag so im not bothering this time although i have a rough idea what i want eg avoid epidural xx

i dont have one. was just looking at the blank pages in my notes..ha remembering how much detail i had in my birth plan the first time round. this time i just know what i want and hopefully things will go thwt way xx

i went a birthing plan session in my area (not all areas do them) and it was so useful the things they tell ya whats gonna happen and what to expect. they fill in your birthing plan on the back page in ya green pregnancy notes book (may be different in some girls folders) iv basically put down what i would prefer in there and im also open to any other options if things dont go to plan. whatever ya do tho girls , do not put in your notes that you dont want something, for eg. I DONT WANT PETHIDINE OR AN EPIDURAL. because once the doc or midwife reads these notes, under no circumstances will they give you the things you have said you dont want unless theres a health risk to baby. the midwife at my antenatal class told me this and its because of the fact you could sew them xx

I think it's important to understand and consider the options. Also that your partner knows your wishes. Especially if you have strong views on certain things. But you can always change your mind on the day.
Types of pain relief vary as do the side effects etc.
I guess I'm just the kind of person who likes to know everything before I decide things. Your mw should at least talk through everything as they have to tick and date in your notes they have (in England anyway)
X

I didn't have one, I did write in it that I wanted baby clean and wrapped and OH didn't want to cut cord as we are both squeamish lol. That went out of the window lol, I delivered too quickly and she was put straight on me and Oh was passed the scissors and was very brave lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back