Anyone else not bothering with middle names

Dotty_woman

Reaction score
Everyone always seems to be fretting on not being able to decide on middle names. Am I the only person who isn't bothering? To me, my middle name has always been just a pointless addition to my name that just makes it take longer to fill forms out!! Neither of my children have middle names and this one isn't going to have either. Surely it's not just me?

Im a middle name fan dotty as its an excuse to pick teo names instead of one and i wanted to changemy first name to middle name at one point at about 14!! I like mine (sian)

But like you say its whatever you choose.

I struggle enough picking one name Jen, let alone 2 (or more!!). It's a personal thing but just not for me. xxx

HOOOOOORAY Dotty!!! A woman with my view!!!! Don't get me wrong I don't completely disagree with middle names, if you LOVE two names I think fair enough or if your using a family members name I also think fair enough... But people seem to be so panicked about having one for the sake of it... WHY?!?!?!!?!! I don't have a middle name, my daughter doesn't and I don't want this one too...If however she had been a boy she'd of had one after my older brother who sadly we lost, my OH is like bangin on about middle names trying to find one and they are all so common why can she not just be our Little Elsie/Elsey it's been doing my head in lol x

I love having a middle name. We will be giving middle names to any children we have. I like children to have their own identity so we won't be using any family names. I don't want to favour any family member over another either, so easier to just avoid family names for us. Shame as some of my family have lovely names that I would choose!

If you don't want to give a middle name then don't, I don't know why people feel pressurised to do so if there isn't a name they like.

I've not thought about a middle name yet but I think we will be choosing one. Now that you mention it, I don't know why! lol

Im with you Dotty and no middle names for us either. I dont have one, dont miss it (most people hate theirs anyway) and cant even think of one name ha ha! x

I've got middle names decided for either name I use (team yellow) but it was an easy choice as they're family names! I wouldn't have panicked over not having one though - bad enough picking a first name! X

My mother gave me 2 middle names & when we marry our surname is going double barrel !!! :)

I like to be different

Both mine don't have middle names, in my opinion unless the name has a personal meaning to you there is no point as they are very rarely used x

Same here, no middle names. We arent posh so no need for that lol :)

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

We didn't give a middle name as we double barrelled our lo last name as we wanted him to have both our names. I've got a middle name but oh hasn't.

My boys both have middle names. We carried on OH's sides tradition ....

Grandad is Colin Richard
Sons are Stephen Colin & Paul Richard
Our sons are Jack Stephen & Harry Colin

See the pattern :)

If we have a third in a few years time and it's a boy there are no more traditional middle names so he'll have the middle name Paul after his Uncle and if it's a girl her middle name will be Joyce after the boys Great Nan who died 4 days after Jack was born and never got to meet him :( x

We didnt give my girl a middle name. She has 2 first names (Daisy Grace) but see trying to tell people Grace is not her middle name.....aaaah!

tapatalking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back