Anyone else live in a one bed?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by nikki_isme, Jul 10, 2013.

1. nikki_isme

nikki_isme Well-Known Member

Hiya,

Just wondering if anyone else lives in a one bed place and don't plan to move any time soon?

My sister still lives at home with her nearly 4 year old, and they've always shared a room. I'm thinking if she can do it, so can we! We won't be moving until at least next September when the baby will be about 10 months old.

Any things I need to consider? We have a moses basket for the first few months and will then put up the cot. We have a large bedroom so plenty of room for the 3 of us :)

x

2. Cynderella

Cynderella Well-Known Member

We were in a one bed when we had our first we moved out 2 days before his 1st birthday. X

3. Karate Kid

Karate Kid Well-Known Member

I think Carnat may live in a one bed with the gorgeous James xx

4. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

I do indeed live in a one bed with James, OH and our cat!

Luckily it's a massive one bed.

We won't be moving until I go back to work later in the year, and to be honest we're in no hurry.

Obviously we'd like James to have his own room at some point (def by the time he is out of his cot-bed) and we'd like baby number 2 some day as well.

It can be done. We have lots of space saving options (under-bed storage, over the door coat hangers and towel racks, shelves, baskets) but the place isn't cluttered at all. Plenty of space for all James toys and bits.

We have 2 massive walk-in cupboards with their own lights so they serve as wardrobes [we have a chest of drawers and shelves in them]

xxxxxxxx

#4 CARNAT22, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  5. Rednursie

Rednursie Well-Known Member

We are in a pretty small one bedroom flat. Its in a lovely area close to family and with a beautiful garden though :) I would like to have our own place before baby comes along but that doesn't look possible right now. And to be honest I'm not really stressing over it as I know it can be done-I just need a bit of a storage/space overhaul iykwim? Carnat I'll be picking your brains on that subject I think!
    The upside is that I am saving loads religiously every month so the longer we stay here the bigger a deposit we will have for our own place. Our bedroom is pretty small though so I'm not sure how we'll fit a cot-May have to get rid of my dressing table.
    xxxxx

6. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

Im not in a one bed but in a three bed but have 4 kids , so similar in that my son whos 2.5 still shares with us and the new baby will too. Its more than manageable esp when in a cot and the tiny starter beds you get from 15 mths are really small too. I have visions of these two little ones having a set of bunk beds next to my bed one day!!

The bulkyest things are toysa snd baby stuff like bouncers , mats, highchairs etc but spread them out between rooms and store in your familys loft once past the use

#6 JJ Mum, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  7. H16

H16 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain! I am in a smiliar situation - we have a privately rented 2 bed flat but our bedroom is tiny and the spare room is even smaller! We can't even fit all our bedroom furniture in our room so a lot of it is in spare room so baby will have to be in a moses basket next to our bed. God knows what will happen longer term as we can't afford to privately rent again - I am losing my job straight after maternity leave so don't think anyone would have us. On the council waiting list but god knows how long that will take. So annoying :( x

#7 H16, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  8. kiki

kiki Well-Known Member

We where in a one bed flat until my second child was nearly 6 months old (and oldest just turned 2) and it was no problem at all. Although it was nice to move to a bigger place we could have managed for a lot longer if needed.

9. yuku

yuku Well-Known Member

it does not matter how large the room is. As long as it is clean and you have a harmonious family, then you can get a sense of real happiness.