anyone else in denial??

love87

Reaction score
I don't know why but I am just plodding along! sometimes I have to remind myself that I am pregnant. my mother says its because I already have LO to keep me occupied but I don't know. I still don't believe that there will be another baby in the house in May/June. it just doesn't seem real. I have nothing bought (I do have a lot of stuff from LO that I can use again. I did suffer from depression a couple of years ago but this doesn't feel like that.... is it normal to feel like this? every so often I do get flutters of excitement I just think im in denial!

This is my first and I still forget I'm pregnant. People stop me doing things and say I can't coz I'm pregnant. I am excited most of the time and even when she moves it's nice but still strange and I honestly don't think it will sink in till she arrives. I have loads of baby stuff but I'm still not used to it. X

I know it will feel real once I have her in my arms, I just feel that I'm not bonding? Does that make sense? I also worry I will I love this little one as much as my 4 year old? And sometimes feel guilty about how the change is going to affect her. I know I'm worrying about nothing, after all we decided on #2 for our daughter, so she has someone to grow up with. Maybe it's just hormones :)

Flipping hell, I wish I could forget sometimes! lol The constant bladder kicking and pain everywhere makes it impossible. Completely relate to denial though, it definitely doesn't seem real. My husband asked me the other night how it feels to have something alive and moving inside of me, but the thought is incomprehensible - I won't believe it until after the birth

I'm also in denial!!! I've bought nothing and have nothing from ds1 as we decided fairly early on that we wouldn't have another because of his additional needs. Every time I try to picture what it'll be like having another little one it fills me with fear of how I'll cope!! Although he's just turned 4 ds1 isn't long on his feet and can't walk outdoors because of the varying ground levels, can't get up and down stairs, isn't toilet trained, doesn't have many words and needs physical help eating, bathing, dressing etc. I know in my heart of hearts that we'll just get on with it but really what was I thinking?!?!?!?! Xx

I don't feel like this but I did read the other day about putting 5-10 mins aside each day to sort of meditate and 'bond' with baby. Maybe this is something you could try? X

I don't really feel I'm bonding. It's nice to feel her and I feel protective over her but I don't feel I have a connection yet. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back