Anyone else having this?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by charliebeth, Jan 18, 2008.

1. charliebeth

charliebeth Well-Known Member

For the last couple of weeks my fingers have been swelling up, mostly just at night. My knuckles hurt and I'vce had to take my rings off because they were getting too tight. When I did take them off they almost got wedged on my knuckles which has never happened before.

They aren't itchy or anything like that, but they do hurt when i wake up in the mornings.

I've not been able to get an appointment with my midwife for 3 weeks, and she's booked up for this next week too. Is this normal, or should I book in with the doc?

2. Kimbo

Kimbo Well-Known Member

yeah its perfectly normal
    its just extra fluid.
    in the morning it is so so painful to bend my fingers because they are so swollen, but after ive bent them once they seem ok after that.

my hands are like a 90 year old mans crippled with arthiritis!

3. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same thing... now my hands hurt all the time but they do get better during the day... unless I have a nap and then it goes back to pain and numbness.. :roll:

Its just water retention...

4. charliebeth

charliebeth Well-Known Member

Phew!

Thanks girls, i feel happier now, even if it is hurting even just to type this :(