Anyone else having a c-section?

Sonas

Reaction score
I found out yesterday that a c-section will be on the cards for me. I had an appointment with my cardiologist and he's advised that I should have a c-section (I've a repaired heart defect). He's just got to write to the maternity hospital. I'm kinda relieved as I was worried how my heart would cope etc.

Im seeing a couple of consultants this month and im guessing they will tell me the best way of delivery. At the mintue i have a low lying placenta but a high chance it can move, if not ive read that leads to a c section. And im quite overweight so i dont if that will be another fsctor for c section. Ill soon find out. Either way they know whats best. Xxx

Hi sonas, im down for section, ive had 4 now and a section style op in november , i get my date at 29 weeks consultant appointment.

My mate is 39 she had a stroke xmas 2011 they found she had a hoke in heart so large she only had three chambers, they did open heart surgery in feb and in the may she was preg! It was her 5 th baby, they kept an eye on her and she was allowed a natural birth, baby arrived 10 lb 3 oz! in march this year, ( her due date was within the year from her op) hope you can have one too x

Last edited:
I'm due a c section also this will b my 4 th x

Twinkle im exactly the same as you! They said my placenta was low at 20 week scan & they will rescan at 32 weeks to check position and if too low that will mean a section for me too xxx

Ive hesrd alot of ppl grtting scanned again at 32. So why have a got to wait a few more weeks than everyone else?
Also i dont remember being told about the placenta on 12 weeks scan. Why is this? Xxx

Not sure about the placenta... is it too small at 12 weeks to give an accurate idea of its placement?

If I don't develop pre-eclampsia again, I've got the choice between a VBAC and c-section. I have no idea what to choose. The c-section wasn't as bad as I thought and I recovered reasonably quickly, but it is a major operation. VBAC is completely unknown to me, but I like the thought of having a natural birth if I can. Luckily I don't have to decide just yet!

I'm having an elected c section in nov, this will be my second x

Out of curiosity, can you choose to have a c section or isnt it a choice unless needed? Xxx

I don't think you can have a elective section anymore just because you would prefer one I am pretty sure you are only allowed them on NHS if you have a medical reason. I may be wrong though...

Obviously if you go private you can have whatever you want though ;) x

*Edit* I just found this on NHS site....
Pregnant women are not immediately entitled to a caesarean section if they do not have any physical or mental need for it. If you ask for the operation, you'll be asked why you're requesting it and you'll be given information about the risks and benefits. You should be allowed to have a caesarean if, after discussion and support, you still want to have the operation.

Last edited:
I was offered the choice by my consultant. I'm not exactly sure why, but last time my baby got distressed when they tried an induction. Could be that... have no idea!

Im having an elected one now as my last was an emergency c section after failed induction x

I don't think you can have a elective section anymore just because you would prefer one I am pretty sure you are only allowed them on NHS if you have a medical reason. I may be wrong though...

Pregnant women are not immediately entitled to a caesarean section if they do not have any physical or mental need for it. If you ask for the operation, you'll be asked why you're requesting it and you'll be given information about the risks and benefits. You should be allowed to have a caesarean if, after discussion and support, you still want to have the operation.

I wanted a section and got one. There was a giverment bill passed a while back called maternal choice. I researched everything about sections and I knew that was what I wanted. Thankfully I had amazing support from my consultant. Xx

tapatalking

I wanted a section and got one. There was a giverment bill passed a while back called maternal choice. I researched everything about sections and I knew that was what I wanted. Thankfully I had amazing support from my consultant. Xx

tapatalking

That's good news, I imagine it would be pretty awful if you really want a section and didn't have the choice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back