Anyone else have sleep problems since having lo?

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
I've been lucky with Mia, she sttn from 8 weeks and apart from an episode at 6-8 months where she woke a couple of time a night during teething she has been great.
I however need to learn to sttn again!!!
Before being pregnant I never had trouble going to sleep and would sleep solidly for 7-8 hrs. I've always been a light sleeper and never one to lay in but always felt refreshed. Now I seem to sleep for about 3 hrs, wake and lay there tossing and turning wide awake and eventually go off 2-3 hrs later and feel like crap in the morning. I'm lucky if I get one good nights sleep a night. I def had a bit of pnd which I never went to the drs about but I've felt totally like me again for the last month or so apart from the lack of sleep!!!

It's really getting to me now, anyone else been the same? Do you think it's cos my body is just so used to being woken up, I need to retrain it to sttn again?!!!!

I'm similar. If for some reason I wake in the night now I can be awake for hours. I used to sleep like the dead!!

I always struggle with a good sleep in the summer months for some reason. .. think its because the temperature is so up and down and I like to be all wrapped up snug and warm... in the summer its a little to warm for fleece pyjamas and thick quilt so I find im just not comfy. X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

If I get woken up in the night I end up having to read my kindle to get me back off to sleep. I've always been one of those people that when they are awake that's it. But it worse now I have lo.
I long for the days when I used to be able to sleep for 10 hours straight!

I must admit I do read too but end up so enthralled in my book I end up more wide awake lol x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

I've always had sleep issues. I'd have a night or two of no sleep every few months (so occasional insomnia) and I never, ever fell straight to sleep nor would I ever sleep through- I'd need a wee or a drink in the night.

I used to go to bed with a flight mask and ear plugs as I was such a light sleeper :shock:

Last 3 months of pregnancy I never slept for more than 3-4 hours in a row then I'd be wide awake as you describe. That has kind of carried on...

To be honest I am used to it now, I feel tired yes but I can cope with it.

You work FT as well though don't you Tanya??

Anything worrying / stressing you?

xxxxxxxxx

I'm terrible for not being able to fall back asleep after being up with DS in the night. Even at 4am this morning when DH was up with him, I was awake and it took me forever to nod back off! I've been up doing house work in the early hours before now!

If Ethan sleeps through the night, I'm fine and will sleep through too. But if he's awake in the night for any reason, it takes me forever (up to a couple of hours) to get back to sleep again! xx

Max sleeps through the night too and I do too thank goodness.
Have you tried establishing a routine eg warm bath, hot chocolate, read before bed?
The experts always say to go to bed and wake up the same time every day even weekends to establish a better sleep pattern
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back