anyone else had a birth plan session and feeling really excited now!??

charlotte89

Reaction score
been the birth plan session today and really found it so useful! :D they went through everything in the nhs green booklet section near the back on birth preferences!:) here was mine...
total length of stay.. short as possible i put so they can get you out as soon as unless theres complications.
who will be present.. you can have two people there apparently but i have specified i only want my partner.
can students be present?.. i have put yes but only FEMALE! lol
they went through all the signs of labour and said that you will have to be havin tummy pains at least 40 mins apart for them to be contractions and your waters will break.
they said to put a pad on straight away after this has happened cuz you might lose more fluid. they said to only ring the hospital if you have any other fluid other than clear come away from you and only if your contractions are 5-8 mins apart. so iv decided to try and hold out at home for as long as i can until this is happenin or unless im in severe pain. im goin to just stay in the bath soon as contractions start to get bad! lol less im in the hospital the better cuz i will be really annoyed in they sent me bloody home!! also i have been told to tell the midwife on the phone when i ring that im having a water birth because they get everythin ready for you :)
eating + drinking.. eat little and often
pain relief.. i put prefer gas + air open to other options if needs be. but i will hold out as long as i can because if you are given pethidine you are not allowed in the pool until two hours after!! :(
birth options.. i prefer water birth but open to other options if necessary and if caesarean is needed i prefer to be awake so that i can witness the birth of my baby and my partner will be allowed to stay in the room.
birth of placenta.. i prefer to have the injection instead of natural birth. (this is mainly because i cant be arsed with waiting around for an hour for it to happen! i would just want it out)
oh and after they offer to give your baby vitamin k which midwifes recommend so i specified i wanted this for my lil man :)
all my breastfeedin notes were N/A cuz i dont plan on breastfeedin
want to know all of your ladies plans and if your feelin excited n calm about the whole situation? :) xx

Last edited:
I didn't have a specific birth plan session I attended but it was covered during nct. My birth plan is quite short and to the point. It's one A4 and names my birth partner and back up partners the fact I do not want a water birth the fact that I wish to remain mobile that I want the injection for placenta delivery and vit k for baby but for cord to stop pulsing before cutting and injecting me. It says about family traditions (hubby to get first cuddle skin to skin) that I'm happy to have students and that I understand what episotomy is and what forceps delivery is and respect the mw decision on if it will be nessacery or not. I have said I wish to breast feed.

Not skating your decision as everyone is different but I just wondered why yoy have choosen not to even attempt bf? Am just curious. Xx

I've not had my appointment for filling in my birth plan. The midwife wants to do it at our next appt and I'll be 37+1 then. Baby better not come before then!! I've got a good idea of what I want after my NCT course.

At the moment I'm planning just gas and air and I'm open to using a birthing pool as they have good availability in the birthing centre.
I just want hubby to be there.
I'll consent to episiotomy, forceps,c-sec if it's deemed necessary.
I'll probably say yes to students.
I'd like baby to have Vitamin K and want delayed cord clamping then the injection.
I'm hopeful that I'll be able to breastfeed.

aww sounds really organised and efficient :) xx
il be honest its through my own selfishness really . i know its supposed to be best for baby but i think formua is that advanced now you are giving the baby all they could possibly need through that but i know breast is best they avnt changed that yet :( its a case of for 9 motnhs i have not been able to drink, have what pain killers i want, eat some things i wanna eat and also to diet properly for me is a must cuz im not comfortable being big. and to not be able to go on back the pill cuz im breast feedin would just be an absolute nightmare lol the thought of having to pump out milk everytime i go out or some one else looks after me baby (cuz i wouldnt feel comfy gettin boob out in public ) just does not suit me.
its each womans individual decision i suppose but also the thought of breastfeeding itself just puts me off its just not for me xx

I've not had my appointment for filling in my birth plan. The midwife wants to do it at our next appt and I'll be 37+1 then. Baby better not come before then!! I've got a good idea of what I want after my NCT course.

At the moment I'm planning just gas and air and I'm open to using a birthing pool as they have good availability in the birthing centre.
I just want hubby to be there.
I'll consent to episiotomy, forceps,c-sec if it's deemed necessary.
I'll probably say yes to students.
I'd like baby to have Vitamin K and want delayed cord clamping then the injection.
I'm hopeful that I'll be able to breastfeed.

sounds brilliant :) good on ya for tryin breast feedin i admire any woman who does give it a go :) xx

Last edited:
what i also mean by diet is im a gym freak and when im training there are certain supplements i take that you cant have when your pregnant and breast feeding. like most whey-protein shakes you just can not touch and lots of other things xx

Last edited:
Im so jealous, would love to be making my birth plan but feel theres no point if babys staying breech :( Ur plans sound great, everything seems covered!! Wonder who will be first august mummy to go!! x

Was this an NHS class or NCT? sounds really good, I've not heard of this option where I live though x

Im so jealous, would love to be making my birth plan but feel theres no point if babys staying breech :( Ur plans sound great, everything seems covered!! Wonder who will be first august mummy to go!! x

aww how dya know babys stayin breech hun? my lil man didnt turn head down until 32 weeks lol he might of moved again but they dont tend to do anythin about it or plan to until your 36 week mark. iv got a feelin i might even fall into julys mummys if he comes early! lol or might be just wishful thinkin lol get yaself a birth plan they just make ya feel abit reasured about things :) x

Was this an NHS class or NCT? sounds really good, I've not heard of this option where I live though x

it might not be available to everyone.. my midwife give me the locations where they are based in my area and you just turn up to whichever one suits ya best :) they are free ya dont have to pay but like i say everywhere might not do them best to just ask ya midwife and if not she could always go through the section with you and explain everythin :) this is what i would of done with her with it bein my first if these classes werent available xx

My midwife has requested I book a 30 min appointment rather than 15 min to do mine with me. I've got most of my ideas and info from the NCT courses I did last week.

My midwife has requested I book a 30 min appointment rather than 15 min to do mine with me. I've got most of my ideas and info from the NCT courses I did last week.

thats about right yeah cuz i was in there for an hour today gassin away with me questions! its so worth it though promise ya you will come out feeling so much more reassured about the whole thing :)

just noticed your chinese birth chart prediction as well.. mine was wrong and predicted i was having a girl lol xxx

oh my god tell a lie! iv just done it again and it said i was havin a boy lol xx

aww how dya know babys stayin breech hun? my lil man didnt turn head down until 32 weeks lol he might of moved again but they dont tend to do anythin about it or plan to until your 36 week mark. iv got a feelin i might even fall into julys mummys if he comes early! lol or might be just wishful thinkin lol get yaself a birth plan they just make ya feel abit reasured about things :) x

Had scan yesterday, been breech for past month & it never seems to move from the same spot under right ribs, too comfy were its at. They also said growth has slowed so back in 2 weeks to "discuss" options. i was all on for natural delivery & birth pool but scared now wont get it. had planned to ask mw about making birth plan but feel it might be pointless now. Dont want to make one & feel even more disappointed! All the july babies r coming thick & fast, wonder will the august babies be the same! x

oh you poor thing :( sorry to hear that :( you tried going for long walks? or bouncing on ya ball if you have got one? this might make lil un shift ! lol try stay positive there is always time for he or she to move :) xx

oh you poor thing :( sorry to hear that :( you tried going for long walks? or bouncing on ya ball if you have got one? this might make lil un shift ! lol try stay positive there is always time for he or she to move :) xx

Heres hoping...literally! lol. Ive been doing all sorts since yesterday, involving some crazy up side down positions. Anythings worth a go if it means baby flips & i get my natural birth. FX! Odds on ul be first to go Charlotte, cant wait for the august birth threads xx

Lovely you're so excited Charlotte. I think my mw wants me to make some decisions, I guess I'll write them down somewhere. I'm having a home birth fx!
Not judging your bf decision as it's up to you, but would you consider trying for just a couple of days? Really important they get the colostrum that comes out before the milk as it's full of antibodies. Just saying, I'm sure you've been told it all already. Xxx

me neither :) and i hope im the first to go or close to trust me! lol i wanna pop already let alone in august :( xx

Lovely you're so excited Charlotte. I think my mw wants me to make some decisions, I guess I'll write them down somewhere. I'm having a home birth fx!
Not judging your bf decision as it's up to you, but would you consider trying for just a couple of days? Really important they get the colostrum that comes out before the milk as it's full of antibodies. Just saying, I'm sure you've been told it all already. Xxx

oohh thats so brave ! i admire ya for doin that, whos gonna be with ya?? are ya nervous?? and yeah iv been told about the antibodies but no i dont even wanna try it for just two days i think the baby would pick up on the fact i didnt wanna do it and was uncomfortable and i dont want that for him would just prefer do whats best for both of us :) thanks for the heads up though :) are you having your first baby? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back