Anyone Else Got An Insensitive Prat For an OH??

Imi-Maddie's-Mum

Reaction score
Hello ...

Was talking to a few of you other girls on other post and was wondering if you have pillocks for OH's 2 sometimes...

Are they insensitive and open there mouths before putting there brain in gear ... or like mine they don't think and u just wanna give em a punch!!!

I've said in another post about what my OH said about my size (Even tho i haven't seen him for over 8wks) i can't wait till he comes home in 4 weeks just so i can slap him!!!

"it's not like i'll miss you the size that i've heard you are" - sod ya then i won't meet u from the airport!!!

GGGRRRRRRR men are just soooooo infuriating!!! anyone would think i was trying to give rosanne barr a run for her money ...

Watch out dawn french ... here i come!!!!

Love Imi+Jelly Belly
xxx

Mines an arse in his sleep. Last night he was sleep talking and told me I am putting on weight. Well yes I know that buts its only been 2lbs so far. Sod!

Oh Imi, you do make me laugh.

I think men in general can be insensitive and don't think before they speak. Luckily mines not too bad (well, most of the time anyway) and knows better not to say anything about my weight ( i'd knock him into next week if he said anything! :lol: )
I wouldn't mind betting your MIL has had something to do with it! Have you slapped her yet?

My DH does take the piss out me alot tho, mainly my fault admittidly, last night for example we were talking about actors and how good they are & I was saying that Tom Hanks has a good acting range, where I don't think Brad Pitt could do some of the roles Tom's done, then went on to say that Dustman (instead of Dustin - big deal!) Hoffman was excellent in Rain Man, he was still laughing at me this morning, I can't help being a bit dim sometimes :lol:

My MIL told me the other day that she can see i've put weight on round my face (so, i've grown a spare chin AND!) but said it was ok (glad I got her blessing) and i'll hopefully lose it when I have the baby!

There's nowt as queer as folk as they say!

Nicki.x :D

Hi Guys,

I just had to write in this thread. My DH isn't too bad. I know he's joking most of the time. But when I saw the bit about In-Laws. Where do I start?!?!? My in-laws live in America and at the moment that still isn't far enough of gap for me! They keep interfearing! Soooooooo annoying.
At the weekend I had a fall out on the phone with my father-in-law as he doesn't approve of the name we have chosen for our little girl! My husband is great and sticks up for me. He told them that if they weren't happy to go have their own kid! My father in-law told me that if we did call our daughter by this name (we have chosen Arianna-Skye) that he would call her (and I'm not joking this was his words!!) Fud-Face!! Not nice at all!! I told him if he did that he would get a slap from his daughter-in-law.
My mother-in-law on the other hand wants us to drop everything and move to the states so she can spend time with the baby. I understand that but - they chose to move there, it wasn't with work or anything. And if mention anything about my family here in Scotland I'm the one being selfish!! Both my husband and I would love to move to America, but just not yet, probably in another 10yrs we'd consider it.

Arrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Sorry rant over! How is everyone else coping!

S. xx

Don't even get me started on in IL's ... :x Totally know how you feel on that score lol!!!

My OH was on the phone again last night ... turned around and said "Darling do you want anything from duty free when i come back??"

"No thank you darling, Im fine" .... i said .....

"Erm u sure?? he came back with (At this point was a bit puzzled)

"Yes honey im possitive" - "Oh right he said thought u might want some of those big knickers from boots!!!!

Big Bloody knickers??? i tell u something, don't know where he thinks he's gonna get them from in an airport, but he gonna get a sodding great slap this end !!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys.. your posts have put a smile on my miserable face this morning!!!

Imi... your OH sounds like a very funny guy.. maybe insensitive but very amusing!!! [by the way you should make him wear the big knickers!]

Sarah.. your FIL sounds like a complete Dickwad... tell him to get stuffed.. I love the name you have chosen.. its gorgeous!!!

Nicki.... I too have seemed to have misplaced my brain and come out with all sorts of fluffs when I try to string a sentence together.. another pregnancy thing aparently..

lmwarr.. your OH sleeptalking those words is hilarious... cheeky git!!!

My OH is pretty insensitive but so far not about my weight.. he knows I am unhappy about it although according to the hosp scales I have actually only put on 3 kilos not 5 that my midwife told me... anyway my OH tells me he will be fine with whatever I look like as long as I am happy and healthy... but then he rants and raves about my hormonal mood swings so there's always a balance to find..

And please don't get me started on in-laws.... my good mood will soon disappear if I start on that subject.. maybe later.. need a strong cuppa first!! :wink:

Imi - give him a slap.... you'll get away with it too! hormones... they come in handy at times... he he

SarahH your FIL is soooo rude... glad your DH stuck up for you...

My DH has been really wonderful (((sorry))) but he's really suprised me.... he tells me every day how gorgeous i look even thou i feel fat and horrible... he even complemented my hair and skin the other day... he does have little nick names for me thou! but i don't mind - the one at the mo is chunky monkey....

X

Mmmm hayley thats is kinda cute ...

Come back to me when your name is chicken poop :shock: ... Apparently it's a term of indearment ... MMMMM

Well, my hubby nearly got a black eye yesterday. We bought some weightwatchers scales coz he was adamant that our old ones were broken!!!!!!!!!!
I was sitting at the table and started to read a leaflet from inside the box the scales came in, it was a form to join weightwatchers, he handed me a pen and told me to fill it in :twisted: I then pointed out what it was & asked exactly what he meant by that. I couldn't help but laugh, his face was a picture, he thought it was the warantee for the scales!

Also we went shopping yesterday and walked past Evans, I reminded him of the time he asked if I wanted to go and have a look at the clothes in there (we had only been together a few months at that stage), I (jokingly) asked him if he thought I was fat and what exactly he meant (again!) and yep he didn't didn't realize it was a shop for larger women :evil: he spent quite a while apologizing!

Men are funny at some of the things they come out with. :lol:

Nikki ....

Greg asked me if i wanted a tent bringing back from cyprus as they where on sale ... "you never no when you might need one" ... Then muttered : " in your case pretty soon"

Apparently im just that big ... and buying maternity clothes for me is a waist of money!!! :shock: :evil: :evil:

The slap just turned into a full force punch!!! roll on the 22nd of march LOL!!!

He he, I would go and buy some knuckle dusters if I were you Imi!! :lol:

Noooo don't need one of those ....

I've threatened him with a vesectomy for his 24th birthday in may ...

The way he's going it's going to be a DIY job done by yours truely ... Well before he expected it lol!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back