anyone else gone off chillies?

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Pippa1703, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Pippa1703

Pippa1703 Well-Known Member

OH just made some gorgous Mexican shredded chicken wraps with homemade chilli salsa.
    Now, I used to be able to eat super hot food, salsas, curries, usually too hot for OH. Since ive been pregnant, ive been a chilli wimp! My mouth is burning and OH can barely taste it..

Is this just me?

2. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

Ha ha , ive never been onto chillies so cant help, but foods def have changed , and some meals taste bland even tho everyone else says they dont, yourll get it back,,but then if you breastfeed your baby prob wont like them either!!

3. Pippa1703

Aw gutted! I love my chillies, but I do intend to breastfeed to start out. The things we have to do eh!

4. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

My oh has a sprinkler of red chilli flakes and shakes on most meals at the table as since weve had kids we have the same meals but blander, without spices, mushrooms, onions etc, very annoying!

With devon we were like right tuff , he loves dipping naans in curry snd kidney beans from chilli ( super weak, mostly paprika and not chilli) so later on we might be able to eat out! Ha

Actually thinking about it, he was my only breastfed baby, did 12 mths till day after his bday so perhaps ge did get used to flavours i was eating via feeding?

#4 JJ Mum, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  5. Rachel80

Rachel80 Well-Known Member

I love chillies & the hotter the better but the other day I had a pizza with chillies on & it burnt my mouth so much I could've cried! It was a Pizza Hut chilli, there is no way it was that hot & I can normal handle the hottest scotch bonnet but this killed me.....nooooooo x

6. MrsHop

MrsHop Well-Known Member

I'm the other way around, I'm usually a wimp and now I'm loving a bit of chilli!

7. SeonaidMac

SeonaidMac Well-Known Member

Yep i'm much more of a wimp with the chilli's now too xx

8. H16

H16 Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue. I am finding the tiniest bit of spice too much :( x

9. positivity :)

positivity :) Well-Known Member

Before my DS I loved chilli but found after having him I couldn't do really spicy and now after DD I'm even more of a wimp! It happened to a friend of mine too - weird!

10. flisstebbs

flisstebbs Well-Known Member

I normally love spicy food, but bland seems to be where its at right now! Maybe its an extension of the heightened smell and taste thing? And yes, friends who've breast fed have already warned me if you do a night feed after hot food baby cries all night....

11. Geekachublog

Geekachublog Well-Known Member

I've gone off spicy foods too, except Fajitas! :)

12. Jess.

Jess. Well-Known Member

Thought it was just me! My dad keeps putting sliced chilli in the salad and I can taste it on everything :(
    X

13. Pippa1703

Welk as much as im still missing my chilli, you ladies have made me feel much better!