anyone else gone off chillies?

Pippa1703

Reaction score
OH just made some gorgous Mexican shredded chicken wraps with homemade chilli salsa.
Now, I used to be able to eat super hot food, salsas, curries, usually too hot for OH. Since ive been pregnant, ive been a chilli wimp! My mouth is burning and OH can barely taste it..

Is this just me?

Ha ha , ive never been onto chillies so cant help, but foods def have changed , and some meals taste bland even tho everyone else says they dont, yourll get it back,,but then if you breastfeed your baby prob wont like them either!!

Aw gutted! I love my chillies, but I do intend to breastfeed to start out. The things we have to do eh!

My oh has a sprinkler of red chilli flakes and shakes on most meals at the table as since weve had kids we have the same meals but blander, without spices, mushrooms, onions etc, very annoying!

With devon we were like right tuff , he loves dipping naans in curry snd kidney beans from chilli ( super weak, mostly paprika and not chilli) so later on we might be able to eat out! Ha

Actually thinking about it, he was my only breastfed baby, did 12 mths till day after his bday so perhaps ge did get used to flavours i was eating via feeding?

Last edited:
I love chillies & the hotter the better but the other day I had a pizza with chillies on & it burnt my mouth so much I could've cried! It was a Pizza Hut chilli, there is no way it was that hot & I can normal handle the hottest scotch bonnet but this killed me.....nooooooo x

I'm the other way around, I'm usually a wimp and now I'm loving a bit of chilli!

Yep i'm much more of a wimp with the chilli's now too xx

I'm having the same issue. I am finding the tiniest bit of spice too much :( x

Before my DS I loved chilli but found after having him I couldn't do really spicy and now after DD I'm even more of a wimp! It happened to a friend of mine too - weird!

I normally love spicy food, but bland seems to be where its at right now! Maybe its an extension of the heightened smell and taste thing? And yes, friends who've breast fed have already warned me if you do a night feed after hot food baby cries all night....

Thought it was just me! My dad keeps putting sliced chilli in the salad and I can taste it on everything :(
X

Welk as much as im still missing my chilli, you ladies have made me feel much better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back