Anyone else feeling yucky?

Clarebo

Reaction score
Am such a whinger - complained when I couldn't get pregnant, and now I am (7 weeks), am complaining again! Just got back from hols in Spain, had a bit of a nightmare holiday, couldn't eat at all, even being in a restaurant made me feel sick. So today I went to supermarket to get some plain food, and had to run out mid shop because all the food was making me feel sick again. I haven't actually vomited yet which is a good thing I suppose. I'm eating little and often, and sipping ginger ale. Anyone have any tips?

Hi Clarebo,

Sorry to hear your hols wasn't that great, what a bummer. I know exactly how you feel. I've been feeling rough for about 6 weeks now, I think the nausea is just starting to fade, only slightly mind!
I found the best thing was to make sure I didn't get hungry. I found that loads of things were making me feel sick so I either held my breath for as long as poss (not very practical) or rubbed something that didn't make me feel sick under my nose so that's all I could smell :!:
I also found deep breathing helped. (talking about things making you feel sick, my dog has just farted and think i'm going to vom :lol: :lol: )

Have you had any other sypmtons yet? I think i'm slowly working my way through them all (backaches/stuffy nose/constipation - nice!/spots -even nicer!/fatigue/sleepless nights/cramps/cronic headaches/bleeding gums and the list goes on)
As i'm nearing the end of the first trimester i'm really hoping everything starts to fade soon, I just want to enjoy this pregnancy and i'm sure my poor hubby is sick of me moaning, i'm sick of me moaning :lol:

Really hope you can find a cure that works for you.

Nicki.x :D

Bad news girls, I am nearly 17 weeks and I am still feeling rough!

It is alot better than at first though!

Good luck!

Oh Jadie, please don't say things like that. I'm going to go and cry (again) now!! :lol:

Nic.

Please dont cry, you will make me cry! (again)

Jadie, Nicki, Clairebo

I am on my third pregnancy but feeling as bad as you describe, it does get better though, you will all get to the blooming stage!!!

luv xxx

Blooming horrible if I know my luck! :lol: :lol:

My nausea stopped at dead on 10 and a half weeks, and I have been blooming ever since (about 12 weeks now).

The fact that you feel rubbish is a great sign, so you just have to ride it out and wait for the good bit!

I agree with the empty stomach thing though. I had to eat every two hours to stop feeling nauseous and salty things and bananas worked best for me

hope this helps

nausea kicked in for me on the weekend which was earlier than i expected it to not too bad at moment just when i first wake up i find eating a ginger nut biscuit before i get out of bed is helping xxxxx

Hi girls,

Just wondered why having bad morning sickness and sypmtons is supposed too be good? I've read that on a few website but not really sure why. Any ideas?

Nicki. :?

My nausea lasted until around week 17, and I found eating stodgy food helped. But I don't recommend this - my weight rocketed in the first 20 weeks :oops: Little and often seems to be the most consistent advice. I did find ginger helped though. Sainsburys do lovely stem ginger biscuits...mmmmmmmm....... (again not good if you're hoping to avoid excess weight gain!)

Good luck everyone!

LBxx

Hello all

I've found that peppermint tea takes the edge of the nausea. Thanks for all your other tips. Fourth time round, you think I'd know not to let my stomach get empty! Actually, I don't think I ever gave my stomach the chance to get empty with the other three...too busy jamming fizzy sweets and breakfast cereal down my throat. Seem to be too busy for cravings this time.

Anybody got any interesting ones (cravings)?

Boo x

Hi Nicki

According to my midwife and magazines, the reason that we feel sick is because of the rapidly escalating levels of hormones sending our bodies haywire.

We need these hormones to raise rapidly. otherwise the baby might not be growing right.

But don't worry if you haven't actually been sick or anything, apparently just feeling a bit nauseous still counts.

I worried myself silly because I wasn't actually being sick, but it is OK to just feel a little bit sick.

These rapidly raising hormone levels are also responsible for the major tiredness and headaches that you can get as well. All good signs, even though they make you feel rough.

:D

not actually having any cravings as such think its still too early although it seems that everything i eat contains cheese :? which is extremely fattening when your going through as much as me at this rate im going to be size of house b4 i even start showing :shock:
xxxxxxxxx

I'm feeling so nauseous at the mo, I've felt this way for about a week now and I'm only just 4weeks. I didn't expect sickness to start a week before af was ment to be due.

This is my 3rd pregnancy and the first time I've had any nauseousness during pregnancy, I got dizzy spells with my 1st to but never sickness.

I have a feeling that it's only going to get worse through the first trimester, boiled sweets seem to help for abit (esp werthers originals).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back