Anyone else fed up with their skin????

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
Hi girls, I know that this is not technically pregnancy related and I really do not hope people think I am vein but I am so tired if my spots it has started to get me down and i wondered how many if you feel the same way ?

i never had a spot in my life and was always blemish free even as a teenager, however when i reached 30 about 3 years ago i noticed i started getting them on my chin. I dont think coming off the pill helped either. Since then they have got worse. I have tried everything and even went to see a nutritionist, accupunture, dermatologist. Nothing works. I was convinced i had pcos but this has been discounted by scan and amh blood tests. Obviously ladies it is not full blown acne and i really do not hope you think i am vein. Getting pregnant is the most important thing ever but i would love to sort my skin out. I think it is hormonal as it gets worse around ovulation.

Does anyone else feel this way??? Does anyone have any tips or things they try which helps. Sorry this is not pregnancy related i am fully committed to getting pregnant and my hubby is always telling me not to worry but i would feel so much more confident if i could sort it out.

Love gizzy xxxxx

Hey Giz, my friend suffers terribly from spots on her chin, esp since coming off the pill so it def sounds like a hormonal thing. are you taking evening primrose oil? that might help. i don't think you're vain hun, it can really effect your self esteem and get you down. sorry i don't have much more advice, just a hug :hug:

Hi Gizzy,

I've spoken to you about this before as I'm suffering with the same thing at the minute. It might be worth trying evening primrose, but it didn't seem to do much for me. I have been referred to the hospital to get mine looked at, but I know when you are TTC there is not much they can give you, especially as I know mine is caused by PCOS.
It really does get you down though, I am regularly in tears about it, but one thing I have learned over the past few months is that others don't notice it as much as we do ourselves. When I look in the mirror it is all I see at the minute, but I know others aren't that fickle. I have found quite a cheap concealer that does keep them covered all day, it's a collection 2000 one, let me know if you want the details hun. Keep smiling...we will get there eventually xxx

My back is bad , it was the same when i was pregnant , its those hormones that do it , they have a lot to answer for x

I suffer with spots, always have.

It's not lots of spots but i always have a couple of big ones typically on my chin, although since IVF i get them under my chin on my throat where it's really pale so they stand out even more there :(

Honestly, in all the years i've had this problem the only time that they die down is when i stop messing with them.

When i don't use lotions and potions and i don't scrub my face. If i wash it briefly with Simple face wash and i suppose rub it a little with the towel and i don't pick!!!!! then they fade as much as they ever have.

The best thing you can do to spots is absolutely nothing :)

i ahve rosecea on my cheeks, not severe but when it flares up definately red nad bumpy and angry looking. i am controlling it will metronidazole cream which controls the inflamation and the redness. im sure it can be prescribed for general bad skin as well though. i try to let my skin breath at the weekends and in the evenings but during the day at work i use inflallible by loreal. its quite thick but has fab coverage so i just mix it with some tinted moisturier and it does the trick in hiding the redness and evening out the bumpyness. agree with louise though - leave your skin alone when you can, let it breath and keep your fingers off it!!

Mine are awful since coming off the pill, Ive notice last couple of months all over my boobs really bad and today between them! I've always suffered with them on my back and tops of arms makes me conscious of what to wear! Xx

Thanks girls

I have upped my dosage of EPO in the new year so I will see if that makes any difference. I am just tired trying to work out a solution to it really. I think what does not help is that when i have them i put more and more make-up on them to cover them and that just makes it worse. I think you are right Louise it is better just to lave your skin. My dermatologist has given me DCH cleansing oil and a moisturiser which is good for my skin and does not clogg it up and that is all I use every night.

Blondy I agree with you about what other people think. I am sure they cannot see them as much as i can and when i say to people that my skin looks bad they all seem to think i am nuts although they would say that I guess. I went back to my GP in the summer just before our honeymoon and she offered me antibiotics that are okay to take if you are pregnant or TTC but I really want to hold off taking them as it is not too bad and I don't want to take them unless it gets bad. At the moment they are on my chin and a some I get on the side of my face but very few.

As I said above having a baby is my priority so I guess I should deal with a few spots from time to time, I just dont think it is doing much for my confidence.

Love Gizzy xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back