Anyone else experiencing spotting? *Updated*

Sherlock

Reaction score
*UPDATE*

Just got back from the doctors. Had a good talk with him, explained it all and the he had a good prod and got out the doppler and had a listen. Baby's heart was beating away and while he was doing that he said he could also feel baby kicking away in there :) So that was a relief. That might explain all the fluttering feelings I've been having the past couple of days.

He said if I had any more spotting to come back to them asap and they would refer me for an emergency scan and see if it was the placenta lying low. But if I don't have any more then not to worry too much and to carry on as I have been but to try to take it a little easier where possible.

So I am under doctors orders to rest for a few days, do as little as possible and if all is well then I should be ok. My next scan will confirm where the placenta is anyway and chances are it'll be where its meant to be he said :)

All reassured and feeling fine :) And baby is obviously having a party in there atm :lol:

I'm a little worried but trying to stay calm.

I had a short spell of spotting when I was in my first tri, but luckily all was well and we made it to second tri.

However, this morning I had some spotting again, red blood. This was after being up and out of bed for over an hour and no pains or anything. I did however go to the loo having been constipated for the last couple of days.

Its nothing major, the amount I am spotting, but now I am starting to worry at every twinge I feel and wondering if its a cramp like pain or a possible one, or the start of one... you get the picture :roll:

Does anyone else have spotting on and off, or indeed continuously even? I really would love a bit of reassurance here that its not something to worry about too much. If I get any real cramps I'll be calling my GP but I don't want to do anything atm as there is no real need.

Could the blood have perhaps come from your bottom as a result of the constipation?

I think you should call your midwife for advice, it's not a good idea to ignore any bleeding in 2nd tri.

I would have thought it would have been accompanied by pain if anything was wrong though :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yes I wondered too if you were bleeding from your bum rather than the front if you're constipated? Could have a tear or some piles? Might be worth checking..

I have had spotting throughout, especially in the early days. Although it was red only once it is scary, when I called the hospital they said to wear a pad and call them back in an hour. If you don't soak it then not to worry.

I'm sure all is fine but if you are worried, call your Dr or MW, that's what they are there for and they might be able to offer more re-assurance. xxx

Thanks ladies :)

It's defo not from my bottom. It's easing a bit now so I'll see how it goes this morning and if its still going on after lunch I'll go see my GP. Its really not a large amount of blood all things considered but you know how it is :roll:

Last time it happened I went and saw my GP and he was lovely and said if I wanted he would refer me for an emergency scan and I think he'd do the same this time if I felt I needed it. But if I don't bleed much more I think its ok and its just one of those things and I'll talk to the MW about it when I next see her. I'm not experiencing any cramps or severe pain so shall see how I go.

I had some brown spotting at 19 weeks and went to the the GP who gave me an internal (not very nice) but she was checking my cervix was closed, and I also had a water sample checked for infection. and they checked for a heartbeat. I was then reffered to EPU who gave me a scan just to check baby was okay! All was well and I have had no spotting since. They couldnt give me a reason why I had it either but I felt much better knowing my littleone was safe!
Definatly get checked! even if it just puts your mind a rest! I thought the doctor would think I wasting her time but she was great!

:hug:

I had spotting at 14-15 weeks for a week i was really scared but everything was ok and my midwife said at around this time your the mucus plug is forming and if you strain for a poo (sorry TMI!) it can dislodge it a bit so I think thats what it was with me and sounds like it could be for you too. So try not to worry :hug: :hug:

That's interesting Jen... I didn't know that...

Jen23 said:
I had spotting at 14-15 weeks for a week i was really scared but everything was ok and my midwife said at around this time your the mucus plug is forming and if you strain for a poo (sorry TMI!) it can dislodge it a bit so I think thats what it was with me and sounds like it could be for you too. So try not to worry :hug: :hug:

lol not tmi :lol: In fact I was beginning to wonder if that was the cause possibly, but I didn't know about the mucus. It would make sense as until then I'd been fine and its really seems to have only lasted a few hours. I need to increase me Lactulose methinks so I don't strain so much. My doc said to take as much as I needed, but tbh, while it helps, I still only go every second day, sometimes on the third :wall:

I've made an appointment with one of the docs at my local GP's practice and will go in and see him at the end of the day and hopefully he'll say the same.

And thats it, no more straining for me dammit :rotfl:

Sherlock said:
Jen23 said:

lol not tmi :lol: In fact I was beginning to wonder if that was the cause possibly, but I didn't know about the mucus. It would make sense as until then I'd been fine and its really seems to have only lasted a few hours. I need to increase me Lactulose methinks so I don't strain so much. My doc said to take as much as I needed, but tbh, while it helps, I still only go every second day, sometimes on the third :wall:

I've made an appointment with one of the docs at my local GP's practice and will go in and see him at the end of the day and hopefully he'll say the same.

And thats it, no more straining for me dammit :rotfl:

naughty you straining!!!! be nice to your bum woman :rotfl: I know its not great to be clogged but it will come when it wants - I dont go for about 5days sometimes but NEVER strain - you'll get piles!!!!

xx

I dont go for about 5days sometimes

Don't mean to hijack but :shock: :shock: :shock: 5 days????!!!! :shock:

I've had spotting and bits of mucus stuff all the way through so far and they tell me not to worry as it's nothing bad, just different bodies. Hopefully all is well but ditto everyone else - if you're worried at all, get checked out. That's what they're there for :hug:

bumpmakes3 said:

yep, 5 days. Doc says not much I can do really its part of being preggo and will only prescribe really low dose laxatives so theres no point. Im not worried about it, I just eat fruit and drinks tons of water so it doesnt happen often :D

Tillytots said:
naughty you straining!!!! be nice to your bum woman :rotfl: I know its not great to be clogged but it will come when it wants - I dont go for about 5days sometimes but NEVER strain - you'll get piles!!!!

xx

Hehe. I know but I knew I needed to go, and had to head out to work soon after which means an hour plus in the car so.... :roll:

And 5 days! How do you manage? My problem then is I get so bleh from not going, yet still eating (even if I eat less) I end up feeling miserable and just bleh. My doc gave me lactulose which is not a laxative per see, just makes everything, erm, how to say it, softer :lol: It does work, but blimey sometimes needs must, like this morning.

Tillytots said:
bumpmakes3 said:

yep, 5 days. Doc says not much I can do really its part of being preggo and will only prescribe really low dose laxatives so theres no point. Im not worried about it, I just eat fruit and drinks tons of water so it doesnt happen often :D

Oh good, it's not just me. I went 8 days without a Number 2 a few weeks back, I was beginning to get worried. Fortunately (!) this bout of food poisoning seems to have cleared out the system somewhat...

debecca said:
Tillytots said:
bumpmakes3 said:

Oh good, it's not just me. I went 8 days without a Number 2 a few weeks back, I was beginning to get worried. Fortunately (!) this bout of food poisoning seems to have cleared out the system somewhat...

aww bless! yea try not to worry babes when it happens. worrying seems to delay things even more

xx

Lactulose is good. You could also try Senokot Hi-Fibre Orange - that's fine in pregnancy and works quite well too.

Anyway to get off constipation, and back on to Sherlock's original question, I would definitely see your doctor if it's red blood. Get yourself a scan to reassure yourself if nothing else.

The main thing is to get lots of rest now and not to worry - but definitely definitely get checked out.

yea, sorry Sherlock hun - hi-jacking your thread :hug:

definately get it checked out even if you've stopped just to be on safe side. Its not all that common to spot in 2nd Tri

xx

Tillytots said:

definately get it checked out even if you've stopped just to be on safe side. Its not all that common to spot in 2nd Tri

hehe its ok, nature of forums :) I've made an appointment with a GP later this afternoon anyways, to be on the safe side.

And getting back to constipation Tillytots.... I've just eaten a plate of baked beans on wholemeal toast. If that doesn't get things moving and lift the duvet tonight I don't know what will :rotfl: Works wonders for me though poor hubby has to suffer :lol: :lol: :roll:

Sherlock said:
Tillytots said:

hehe its ok, nature of forums :) I've made an appointment with a GP later this afternoon anyways, to be on the safe side.

And getting back to constipation Tillytots.... I've just eaten a plate of baked beans on wholemeal toast. If that doesn't get things moving and lift the duvet tonight I don't know what will :rotfl: Works wonders for me though poor hubby has to suffer :lol: :lol: :roll:

thats good hun, let us know how you get on :hug:

come on beans :cheer: :cheer: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

xxx

I've been really into beans recently. They are yum.

Completely gone off cheese and that used to be my favourite food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back