Anyone else experiencing bowel problems now?!

Chrissi

Reaction score
Constipation seems like the bain of my life! Gas pains are awful (I'm actually wondering whether I'm going to cope in labour)
I've been trying to move things along naturally as I don't like the lactulose I was prescribed, but I think I'm going to have to add the lactulose to the natural approach!
Please tell me everyone else is experiencing the same thing??!!
Not that I want you all to feel the pain, but I hate thinking I could be the only one in this embarrassing situation :(

I'm a very windy person normally as have ibs, usually find it gets worse with stress, but I am particularly windy lately! Have you tried applying heat to your stomach? I find a wheat bag or hot water bottle is the only thing that properly helps, along with eating plenty of fibrous food like fruit and lots of veggies, should naturally give you movement. Psyllium husk or fybogel usually do the trick too if all else fails! X

Funny enough I sat with a wheat bag this afternoon, which made me need to go... FINALLY!
I drink alot of water and have a healthy diet, especially now Im on mat leave and have time to cook properly!
I've had fybogel which seems to work pretty quickly, but I never feel like I've had a full bm if that makes sense.
I want to get everything on track again before babies birthday, as I will be mortified if my bowels let me down on the day! ( I know it's natural, but pooing myself is more scary that labour pain)
Thankyou for your reply xx

Chrissi if it helps on the day I can't honestly say if I did poo or not! Everything's so intense and the Mw is so discrete you probably won't notice :)

Me and I'm only 20 weeks.

Since Sunday night I've had tonnes of bloating and trapped wind every evening and I'm sure it's because I'm 'backed up'.
I eat lots of veg and fruit and wholemeal bread etc, but even when not pregnant I have 'constipated BMs' :oops:

I have been drinking loads these last 6 weeks (average daily intake is 2 cups of decaf tea, cup of juice or almond milk, and 2 to 5 large glasses of water) but it doesn't seem to help.

I'm thinking of going to the GP for something like lactulose and remembering to buy prunes too lol.

i was exactly the same in tri 3 and unfortunately my worst fear of pooping in birth happened! after the initial one though i stopped caring, there was nothing i could do about it and i was already spread eagled with strangers looking at and poking my bits !

Sorry for giving TMI but I'm the opposite. Very frequent BM and not very solid. I am vegetarian but mostly vegan so eat loads of fruit, veg, dried fruit, seeds, nuts and whole grains. Also, this really is TMI but I found that the colour has quite an ORANGE tint to it, I am worried this means that I am not absorbing nutrients properly, so are not getting to baba. But it's definitely one way to avoid constipation!!

Oh and yes, defo having more wind!

This is going to sound really random, but it has saved me a couple of times in the last couple of months...... I once saw an interview with Bruce Forsyth. He said to get rid of trapped wind you get in all fours. Then place your forehead on the floor and relax as much as possible. As your tummy, baby, bladder etc shift down it leaves space for your bowel and as methane rises, it escapes! I have been doing this at least once a day and it's been working so far!

Also, I have a bowl of all bran each morning and that's helped to the point where I am almost suffering from diarrhoea each morning. Sorry tmi!

Take the lactulose Hun, it's perfectly fine and good stuff. My little boy has issues sometime and just 1/4 of a dose daily keeps him regular, it just puts more hydration into your stools so they're easier to pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back