Anyone else experienced this?

lisa31

Reaction score
Hi everyone just wanted to know if anyone has experienced what I am having to put up with at the moment!

Since about 25 weeks Ive been constantly going loo (for a wee TMI :oops: ) I have had 2 midwife appointments between then and now and both have tested me for urine infection which comes up as clear and nothing to report. When I go its never a normal type one which lasts a few seconds- its very short and almost immediately on leaving the bathroom I need to go again.

Decided to do a bit of a test from Friday to Saturday as its really getting me down (as you can see I am up at 1.25 on a Sunday night due to it disturbing my sleep :twisted: ) Anyway this test shows I am going on average 8-9 times in the night and between 25-30 times during the day. Surely this is not right??!????

The midwife said its not the baby's position and is not an infection - so there is nothing they can do. so I am at my wits end as to what it could be. It really is getting unbearable. Im finding it hard to function properly because of it and I am also very low on iron and have been given Pregaday tablets for Iron and folic acid - so all in all I feel terrible.

Midwife also suggested I leave work earlier than planned due to my tiredness - but as I have explained to her - Im only tired cos Im constantly getting up to sit on the toilet - I never sleep for more than one or two hours at a time.

Has anyone else had this? I expected this type of thing nearer the time when the baby is pushing down on everything but not this early.

Any ideas anyone?

L x

I wonder if it could be the way you are lying? when trying to sleep. I find that if I lay in certain positions (usually putting leg up a bit) I feel the need to go for a wee. I get very annoyed when I go and its only a trickle :). Ive found avoiding laying that way worked wonders for me.

Hope this is some help.

i literally went to the loo every 30 mins going out was a nitemare lol - but i was drinking over 3.5 litres of water a day - n the midwife sed it was natural so i didnt worry till at 38 weeks i went to doc appointment and was rushed into hospital .
so due to my experiance i would go to docs better to be safe

Hiya, I fully understand what you are going through, I have been like that most of my pregnancy - 4 months onwards. A typical expample is last night I went 13 times in the middle of the night, but I am at a catch 22 situation, as I have an excessive thirst which inevitably makes me go more.

When I was 25 weeks my MW told me that the reason I was going so much was the baby was lying low, and like you I was always negative for urine infections, which is frustrating-not that I wanted one, but least there would be a reason for it.

MW advised me to stop drinking after 8 at night which is impossible for me, but maybe something you could try? It is a pain, and if you are tired etc, you should maybe think about giving up work earlier, as you don't want to wear yourself out.

Keep your chin up, I know it is irritating. :cry:

Thanks everyone :)

I only got round to ringing the midwife today as work has gone absolutly manic - I'm still waiting for her to call me back. I know theres not much they can do but its getting unbearable - The iron tablets seem to be kicking in but my heart still races 2-3 times a day, so I must remember to mention that to her. The 'No. 1' situation hasnt changed unfortunately!

K - your post reassured me - thanks x midwife didnt seem to think that the position of the baby was to blame - but to be honest they've hardly been great so far - in fact I get much more information and answers on this forum than I ever do on my appointments with them!

Mrs G - dont think its the way Im laying - it hurts whatever I do!!!!! :roll:
I cant even sleep with my 'wedge' (pg cushion) as it puts too much pressure on my belly and makes me want to go even more (if thats possible!)

Sarah17 - what happened? why did you get rushed into hospital?????? - getting worried now :shock:

lisa,

I have just seen your post today, and I am so much in the same situation as you!!!!!
never got an infection, or anything wrong in my urine, but I got around 30 times a day and at leats 10 times at night!!! and for nothing, or near to nothing, and I have cramp-like pains in my tummy when i lie down in bed, on whichever side!
Just like you, I take pregaday, so wondered if that could not be linked to anaemia!
Just like you, whenever I have mentionned it to my MW, she did not really seem bothered about it!
I have tried to reduce my drinking water in the evening, but if I want to see some positive changes, i have to stop from about 6 pm, which is a hell for me! I mostly feel thursty in the evening!

My mum says it's my muscles down there which have gone weak already, maybe!
sorry I can't bring a solution, but just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one...if that can help!
it actually helped me to read your post...sad, I know! :?

best of luck, hope it gets better soon!!!!
mel xx

Hi Melhoney

I know exactly what you mean!!!!!. Its almost a relief to find that your not the only one suffering. How strange you are taking pregaday as well - our pregnancies must be very similar! I think they give you pregaday if you are anemic or verging on anemic so we both obviusly have very low levels of iron.

Well, I finally got to talk to the midwife about it and she suggested I went Docs, so I did. She (the Dr) wouldnt examine me or give me anything for it as any remedies for bladder problems are toxic. She did offer antibiotics as a 'just in case' - but I said No, because I dont want to take them for the sake of it - as like you my urine is coming back clear?! She basically said its how my body is during pregancy and that everything is pushing down (not necessirly the baby - but everything else) and that I may have weak bladder muscles that are finding it hard to cope with the pressure. So your mum is spot on there.

One bit of good news though is a tip from my mum and MW who both suggested I drink cooled boiled water (try 1 mug every hour). Im not a fan of water, but I must admit I am ready to try anything at the minute. Been doing it since yesterday morning and last night I slept a whole 3 hours without going loo!! I'm still going loads but apparantly it cleanses the bladder which stops it irraittating, which in turn slows down the urge to go. So its definately worth a try.

Hope your ok too ! at least we can moan to each other about it!!!!!!!!

L x

Thanks for the tip!!!

I am definitely going to try it!
I just finished work yesterday, so I will have plenty of time to boil water now anyway :)

I am not too bad, thanks, had aquite good night last night, maybe the feeling to be on maternity leave!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

have a nice weekend, and better nights!

love,
Mel xx

Melhoney

Hi - sorry not replied - I fell down the stairs last friday (I have done a post on it on the 3rd Trimester bit) so I've been a bit preoccupied to say the least!!!!. Hows it going with you - are you still going all the time??!!!! Have you found drinking the water is helping???

I must admit I can actually feel the baby pressing down on my bladder now - she is engaged already and when she moves her head - ouch i need to go!

Cos of the fall though the doctors have signed me off for 3 weeks which brings me up to my maternity leave - so I am off now too!

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back