Anyone else dreading going back to work?

Sue Clare

Reaction score
I know I still have 5 months left at home, but I am dreading handing Max over to a child minder when i return to work, I think I will cry buckets. I'm trying to make myself feel better by telling myself I'm only working mornings so still have afternoons with him. Anyone else dreading the return to work? Xx

I should be going back just before Christmas and am already dreading it lol!! I don't even want to contemplate leaving my boy with someone :-(

Am hoping for a lottery win between now and then :) xx

Im back in 5 weeks :( :( O is super clingy so im dreading leaving her with the childminder. Even though its only 4 hours a day!!.xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

I'm meant to be back in December but I've already decided I'm going to save between now & then so that I can have December with my baby. I want that build up to Christmas with no work. I'll never have it again so I'll try to have it this 1 time. Sounds silly but it means a lot to me.

I am due back end of October, hoping to get them to agree to letting me take an extra month in holiday but I doubt they will as October / Nov is one of our busiest times.

I am already feeling anxious and really worried. I've never felt anxious about anything in my life before so I imagine I'll be a complete wreck the closer I get??

The longest I have been away from James is 9 hours and he was with his Daddy and Granny. I missed him like mad - how the Hell am I going to cope with not seeing him for 8 hours 5 days a week?

We are not sure of childcare arrangements yet. OH is self employed and if there are no big projects on he'll have James until at least the New Year so if he is with his Daddy then I'll feel a bit better.

I just want to scream and cray and have the biggest tantrum because I don't want to leave my baby.

xxxx

I went back to work a couple of months ago and like you all I was seriously dreading it. Me and OH are both self employed and agreed I would start by going back 2 days a week to make sure Max was settled and I didn't have a complete breakdown, increasing it to 3 days by the summer. He goes to a childminder and I remember the first day I cried all the way to work and was certain he cried all day, but the childminder was great and sent me regular photos and texts to reassure me he was fine. When I picked him up he was all smiles and hadn't forgotten me or held leaving him against me (I'd convinced myself he would). Now I must admit I enjoy going to work and look forward to the days I get with Max and make the most of them so the reality of going back wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be :) xxxx

I think my main worry is that he will forget I'm his mummy
and will think the child minder is! I know it sounds really silly and I'm sure it will be fine xx

I'm returning to work soon, but only part-time (12 hours a week over 3 days). Fortunately, I have lots of family around (Mum, MIL, Sister, Nan) who have offered to help out. So leaving him with people he knows for only 4 hours at a time isn't too bad at all xx

Iv got to go back but not decided when yet, I'm worried because OH never hears Chloe cry and to be honest she doesn't even bother crying now as when she wakes up she just moans a bit and plays with the bumper and that wakes me up. Actually I'm a bit worried that when she goes into her own room I won't even hear her unless the monitor is loud enough :-/

I'm also keeping my FX that we win some money to pay off mortgage and a little extra so don't have to work.....not to greedy, just a million or 2 ;) x

I was physically sick at the thought of leaving my LO but it hasn't been as bad as I thought at all :) I'm really enjoying it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back