Anyone bought anything for baby in the sales?

muppetmummy

Reaction score
I've been looking on line but on everything I wanted I'd save a maximum of £5 on certain items. For the sake of saving a fiver here and there I think I'll leave it until we've been paid and receovered from the xmas expense.

It seems to be mainly the really expensive stuff that has a lot of money off, but even with the saving it's out of our budget.

Happy though because I haven't seen the Jane Slalom and Matrix for any less than we paid for them :cheer: :cheer:

Has anyone found any good bargains?

ETA: If you know the gender of your LO you might do a bit better, most of the stuff that is worth getting is in pink or blue

ive seen a cot i wanted but desided agaisnt it as dont want to have to lug it about when we move just for the sake of saving £30.
also the bath suport i like is half price but again its not something you need straight away so if we dont get it then im not to fussed.
clotheswise babys got most things now so not buying anything im not one to buy something because it was cheaper if i wouldnt buy it anyway :)
manda xx

i went along with a mothercare voucher we'd been given , hoping to get a car seat or a bouncer cradle , but the ones i wanted were neither in the sales nor in stock at all, so i came back empty handed!

manda like you i'll be moving a couple of times before the baby comes , we got a travel cot which doesnt use up much space , we're planning to keep the baby in bed with us but you never know how things might work out so i got a travel cot anyway

I went to Next this morning to buy baby clothes, and went a bit mad. I got there for 5.30am, spent 1/2hr shopping, and 1hr queing to pay, and I spent £122.00 on baby clothes. But I got absolutely loads, I hope to god the nurse who did my ultrasound scan was right, as all the stuff I bought was for a little boy! (the nurse did say she thought it was definately a boy, although the cashier at next told me her step mum was told hers was going to be a boy, and it was a girl!). I got two sack fulls of clothes though, so for the price it was well worth it.

I tend to think people go a bit mad on thier 1st born, this is all new to me and I cant resist all the cute baby clothes!

weve been shopping today but its hard as we dont know if we are having a boy or a girl

we did get sum bits and bobs tho, a lovely winnie the pooh outfit and hat, scratch mits, towel/flannel, chunky knitted cardigan ive had my eye on, some vests and sleep suits, we did say around the shops we might find out the sex as it was sooooo tempting with all the nice pink and blue stuff but we are going to try and resist :x

also got our crib and crib bale :D pics up later

I bought a Winnie the Pooh dungeree set today from BHS. I didn't realize that it was in the sale so bonus! It's sooooo cute :D

I'd forgotten BHS even existed! Not shopped there for years! :lol: James had some lovely Winnie the Pooh clothes from there when he was a baby. They normally have loads of winnie the pooh in their range. I'll have to find out if they have a store in Aberdeen

BHS in Aberdeen is on Union Street, near the St Nicholas Centre but on the opposite side of the road.
I went to the Disney Store and bought gorgeous knitted dungarees with Dumbo on that say 'A Star Is Born'. I bought the matching cardigan before the sales just in case and I'm glad I did as it sold out. I'm going to Toys R Us, Next and Mothercare today to get fun Christmas clothes for next year, the Learn and Groove Activity station (it's on my baby list which must mean that people here were raving about it. OH took a bit of convincing as it's from 4 months but it's reduced in Mothercare and he's very lovely about my baby stuff buying) and anything else that I get excited about!
The pushchair I want isn't reduced in the colour I want :( And the only bedside cot that is reduced is the Mamas and Papas one and it looks like it is dangerously low on one side once baby can pull himself up to standing.
But yay for cute dungarees :dance:

Hello again
I'm back for a while since I'm not on the computers at work, good chance to catch up with everyone...well....

I went to next and bought
5 bibs
2 t-shirts
3 sleep suits
a pair of jeans 6-9month
a pair of cords
a wee dress and tights
a dressy top
x2 little jumpers

all for £40.00 for my little girl, it was great and felt so much more real.
xx

Tomorrow we are off to buy the cot from Babies r us - it is normally £180 but has £20 off plus in the catalogue there is a voucher for £10 off any cot bought before the end of Jan so it will only be £150!!! I can't wait to get it up

I went to the next sale too and got some really good bargains although most of the things i brought were girls clothes so im hoping baby doesnt have a sex change but if she does i will keep it for the next baby girl in my family although i really feel like im having a girl now its sunk in.

my inlaws bought me a travel system in the sales for a xmas present.it was the one id already seen and chosen so was a safe bet :D I bought a set of bottles,some trainers,jacket,jumpers,t shirts and bottoms all in blue so hope the sonographer was right :rotfl:

Been buying baby things today. I got a microwave sterilzer from tesco which was half price, a tommy tippie closer to nature one, then went to toys r us and got our silver cross 3D pram system in cargo (£40 off) and a Britax First Class SI Car Seat in Rome car seat (£30 off). Can't wait til the next shopping trip :cheer:
OMG I'm so excited, I'M HAVING A BABY :D

just been to next again and got a lovely little jacket, socks and scratch mits, also got another baby name book and some maternity jeans from pumpkin patch

went to toys r us and i think we are pretty much certain on the silvercross 3d in cargo as well so might get that next week if we dont see another we prefer :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back