Anyone anxious for 12 week scan?!

missddk

Reaction score
Good morning you beautiful lot 💜

I was just wondering is anyone else super anxious waiting to see bubs for first time? I'm 5 weeks today by LMP but I can't help but stress. I had a miscarriage in 2012 at 6 weeks but went on to have a rainbow baby who is now a 3 year old beautiful boy. I can't help but fear something will go wrong this time or that there is no baba in there at all? I'm driving myself nuts lol. I can't seem to calm and enjoy this pregnancy until I see my 12 week scan ahh.

Lots of love from Pregnant Psycho :smile:

Yes I am. I debated having an early scan this time, but I had one last time and mc a week later, so it didn't make much difference. I think I'm waiting this time but it's not easy. As I have had 2 mc in a row and have no children so I'm close to sitting out the hospital waiting xx

I couldn't wait 12 weeks. I'm someone that needs strong evidence to believe things, and even with lots of symptoms, I went for 6 and 9 week scans to make sure there was something in there! Almost 10 weeks now and still nervous for the 12 week scan.

Obviously it won't make a difference to how things go, but I sort of think that anything that makes the difficult first trimester (and indeed whole pregnancy) a little easier is worth doing. xx

I think I might book in for an early scan my doctor said mine will probably be 12-14 weeks for my first one not sure I can wait that long ha ha!

I'm very anxious! Had a scan at 5weeks and then 7 weeks but now all my symptoms have disappeared it's made me feel ver uneasy! And my scan isn't until end of July! xxxx

I got an early scan as I had IVF, it was very reassuring but now I'm nervous for the 3 month scan! I would recommend an early one for peace of mind but I think we get anxiety all the way through!

I'm really debating it now as I want to see. Hmmmm xx

I looked at booking an early scan also but my 12 week scan came through the door for 28th July. I'll only be arundel 9 weeks and I keep trying to tell myself it would be so pointless to arrange an early one before then because it will come around quick enough I'm sure. Silly as it sounds I'm struggling to believe the tests that there is actually a little bubs in there and that everything is okay lol.
I remember being silly anxious with my first but I had an early scan at 7 weeks with him.

9 weeks is fairly early, mine was 7 1/2 so only a bit longer to wait! I kept testing almost until the scan which was silly as the line gets lighter when you have too much hcg but I didn't know that and panicked!

I've been doing that also Blue flower !I didn't realise that either so thank you for the heads up lol. I would have been one stressed mumma if I didn't know that and it happened lol
It seems to be dragging but it's now July which means it's this month !! I have my first antenatal on the 20th so trying to focus on it first.

You can dilute your wee so the lines are still dark but have to get the proportions right, there's stuff online about it but I just did it once and then gave up as I felt silly! Its because the antibodies on the test strips are only made to cope with a certain concentration of HCG before they stop working! Before I googled it I'd had some sharp pains and thought it was all over, really horrible.

Hope the time goes quickly for you! Its good to have lots of things planned whilst you are waiting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back