Anyone already have children with a dog?

First Baby White

Reaction score
I am just wonmdering if anyone has children with a dog?
I am worried about dog hair etc as my dog malts quite alot and I need to hoover daily to get rid of hair but it doesnt completely eliminate so I am a little worried how the baby will cope??

All my kids have been bought up with dogs, with no problems. We have wodden floors all through so probably easier to keep fur free than carpet.

My daughter also has a rabbit and a hamster who both live in her bedroom (in cages :D ), and the rabbit's fur makes more mess than the dogs :shock:

I dont allow the dogs upstairs, mainly because I dont want dog hair all over the beds.

I also make sure I check the garden before the kids play out there, I hate dog poo trainers :shock:

Jue x

i have 2 dogs and my daughters always been around dogs.i hoover twice a day,i antibac everything daily :rotfl: we have a seperate dog andchildgarden and neither go in each others ,but we do have a garden everyone shares.i think its just common sense and carefulness

Well our LO has yet to arrive but I've looked after plenty of children whose families had dogs and its what others have said, hoover and sweep.

I actually don't worry about it being bad for a child (unless they are diagnosed asthmatic with an allergy to dog hair and tbh this is unlikely. Cats hair is far more problematic for asthmatics with allergies). I think its good they are exposed to things as it builds resistance. Besides if your LO is anything like some peoples, you'll maybe find them curled up in the dog bed with the dog :lol: :roll:

Once baby is crawling and scuttling about I'd be inclined to mop the kitchen floor every day at some point if its really grubby from paw prints, and hoover when needed but other than that, I wouldn't go overboard.

Ditto what was said about the garden also. Check and clear up all dog poo as it can cause nasty problems.

I have a Geman Shepherd although we didn't get him until my youngest was 3 but we have had no problems whatsoever... Him and my youngest are like long lost twins - always getting into trouble together, it's so cute :D

No problems with allergies either

In fact, here is a piccie for good measure :D

2007_0626caitssun0006.jpg

I have a dog and 2 cats all with black hair! I hoover everyday, I have too. But I did invest in a dyson animal just before Dan was born as I was worried about him crawling aorund and being covered in animal hair. Although its quite pricy it was def worth it. It gets up all the hair and takes 5 mins to clean my whole bungalow.
So far no allergies either :D

My nephew lives surrounded by dogs
He LOVES them mind he can be a little monkey and try and sit on them sometimes :roll:
My Mum and Dad have 2 dogs well i say 2 i mean 3 as it seems my Sis Melanie dog a huskie lives there pretty much permantly theses days :roll:
My Mum and Dad look after Alexander quite a lot so he is has been around dogs since birth.
And its done him no harm at all though he does like to put the dog bowls in the bin or down the toilet :rotfl:
My Nieces has also grown up around dogs from birth as my Sis Tina has 2 dogs Taylor adores dogs when she sees one she shouts in delight "DOGGIES"
My family never leave either alone with the dogs but all our soft as sticky fudge.
All our a diffrent breed Springer spaniels, Huskie, jack russel, alsation and a mongrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back