Anybody want a cat

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Just kidding! -but seriously I've fallen out with Charlie :shakehead:

He pee'd all over Jakes V-tec play mat thingy! He has never done anything like this before. We have a catflap so he can come and go as he pleases.

I feel bad because I really shouted at him when I found it even though I know he doesnt understand, it just scares him. He had some chicken to make up for it.

I washed the playmat twice (fortunately it didnt go on the plastic part, but I disinfected it anyway :roll: ) and Ive disinfected Jakes bedroom floor (fortunately its vynal pretend wooden floor).

I really hope this is a one off :pray:

We're having trouble with our cat weeing in the hall way and I have tried EVERYTHING to stop it! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Could he be a bit unsettled due to having Jake around?
If the peeing becomes a problem you could try a plug in feliway diffuser (like a plug in air freshener), they release synthetic hormones that mimic the cats happy hormones they release when they rub their cheeks on things. It can help to chill them out. I found they helped when our cat was unsettled after moving house :D

If the baby is on the playmat a lot, then your cat is probably marking out territory, kind of trying to steal your babies territory as if he was another cat!

Id keep a close eye on things for a while, make sure the babies room door (or your bedroom door if baby sleeps in there) is always closed so the cat doesnt try to wee where baby sleeps, and if you notice any other unusual behaviour id speak to a vet asap.

As for stopping the cat from weeing on it again...as they often form weeing habits....clean it with a lemon scented wipe (thats safe for baby obviously) as cats hate the smell of citrus and will avoid it.

i agree with glitzyglamgirl, thats deffo what is happening.

my cat Kitty has been acting ever so strange since Ami came home, she hasnt gone to the loo anywhere except her litter tray but she does try and scratch the side of Ami's carrycot (they have scent glands in their feet too - shes marking her territory) shes become extra clingy and baby-like, trying to get over my shoulder for a cuddle like Ami does.

think shes feeling a bit threatened, i have to make sure i give her attention everyday and i would never leave them in a room together, shes a lovely cat but you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back